[Solved] Error: Property Order->Conversion_Rate Is Empty

manu1987

Hi everyone,

The following problem: Money transferred to PayPal but no order created in the backoffice and blank page.

Prestashop configuration:

- multistore feature enabled

- foreign currency on additional store (GBP instead of EUR)

- problem only occurs on the additional store, paypal module works fine on main store

Error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Property Order->conversion_rate is empty' in .../public_html/classes/ObjectModel.php:846 Stack trace: #0 .../public_html/classes/ObjectModel.php(260): ObjectModelCore->validateFields() #1 .../public_html/classes/order/Order.php(284): ObjectModelCore->getFields() #2 .../public_html/classes/ObjectModel.php(464): OrderCore->getFields() #3 .../public_html/classes/order/Order.php(289): ObjectModelCore->add(true, true) #4 .../public_html/classes/PaymentModule.php(330): OrderCore->add() #5 .../public_html/modules/paypal/paypal.php(1510): PaymentModuleCore->validateOrder(466, 2, 0.8, 'PayPal', 'Payment accepte...', Array, 1, false, '12938f8c16aac4f...', Object(Shop)) #6 .../public_html/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php(295): PayPal->validateOrder(466, 2, 0.8, 'PayPal', 'Payment accepte...', Array, 1, false, '12938f8c16aac4f...', Object(Shop)) #7 .../public in .../public_html/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 846

First I thought it is a similar problem like this:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/394227-property-order-payment-is-empty-fatal-error/

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/430064-help-blank-page-shown-after-payment-on-paypal/

The solution for this is here (= do not write empty translations):

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/9e27137fc1f1d57d4da9fc3fc1a63bba23c9a422

However, my problem is different as it refers to currency/conversion rates. Does anyone have a suggestion how I could fix my error? Again, the module works perfectly on the main store, only additional stores cause the problem.

Edited by manu1987 (see edit history)

Prestashop 1.6.0.9 and module version 3.10.2 (newest version).

When I installed Prestashop it came with an older version of the PayPal module. This didn't work either so I installed the newest version of the module in hope it would fix the issue.

Based on the error message I also tried the following:

- check if ISO numbers and ISO codes are correct

- check if decimals are enabled for currencies

- check if module works if foreign currency is enabled for all shops rather than only a certain shop 

It never worked.

I appreciate any suggestions that could potentially solve the issue!

I finally found the solution. For anyone with the same problem, go to backoffice > modules > payment - currency restrictions. Choose a certain shop, e.g. Shop1 from the drop down menu and tick under the PayPal module section the same currency as the Shop1 currency (as set under Localization > Currencies.

It is important that the currency for a certain shop under modules > payment - currency restrictions > (Shop1 / PayPal module) corresponds with the currency set under Localization > Currencies (Shop1). If currency in combination with certain shop does not correspond, the error occurs in combination with the PayPal module.

Summary:

Currency restriction - Shop1 is chosen - PayPal module - currency x has to be chosen from the radio button options

Localization / Currency - Shop 1 is chosen - currency x has to be chosen

I had currency y instead of x chosen from the radio button options

I mark this topic as solved and hope it will help someone in the future  :)