Product Customization

Simonas Invertus

As you all know we have to provide support for modules we sell on the marketplace, but we can not give any indication what team is actually doing the work behind the scene.

Lets imagine the situation. You made the module which has two buttons "fly" and "drive" customer buys the module and contacts support saying that he needs button 'jump'. What do you?

Is PrestaShop thinking about adding some features to its systems that would let us easy to provide such kind of customization for the client?

Personally, I think that it would be great way for PrestaShop to increase its profits and if its done correctly, would provide good benefits for the clients and merchants.

This is just an idea that popped in too my head. I am not sure how exactly it should work that's way I started this discussion: to see if this idea sounds reasonable or just plain crazy.  

The work flow would look like this:

1) Client writes that he needs "jump" button. More real life example could be that default theme "New" labels are round and red but the client wants triangle and blue.

2) Merchant in back office has already preset his hourly rate, so he inputs just hours he needs to make this feature and what he would need to get from the client like db access, ftp and so on.

3) Client gets suggestion which he can pay with one click like buying a module or discard if it is too expensive for him.

Okay!

As far as I understand, people are asking you for a quote, then you reply with your own quote, and finally people agree with the deal and proceed with payment.

This module Quick Quote Tool is perfect for you, I believe that!

http://prestamonster.com/en/promotion-modules/4-quick-quote-tool-pro-for-prestashop.html

To do this:

- Set up a product like "PrestaShop support", the cost for example 25$ (per hour). 

- Enable Catalog mode, so that people can not add this item to basket

- Instead, they add this to quote. Write their own comment. Also, suggest their budget number. Finally submit.

- In the back office, instead of creating an order, this module creates a new "quote".

- Now, your turn, add your comment, change the cost if it's too low or too high for us. Please will get notified, of course. Then they also can come back and continue adding comments, price, etc...

- Once everything is ready, you Approve that quote.

- People will get an email notifying about that final quote (agreed points, final cost). Now, click on a link and towards to payment page as usual!

Hope that helps!

Tung

Hi Tung

Think you are missing the point here. He have idea for official Addons store not his own website.

The work flow would look like this:

1) Client writes that he needs "jump" button. More real life example could be that default theme "New" labels are round and red but the client wants triangle and blue.

2) Merchant in back office has already preset his hourly rate, so he inputs just hours he needs to make this feature and what he would need to get from the client like db access, ftp and so on.

3) Client gets suggestion which he can pay with one click like buying a module or discard if it is too expensive for him.

Think you missing one more thing here , Prestashop cut like 50%. 

So not sure if your idea could work. 

• Like 1