Paypal Advance v1.3.9- Charging, but not showing customer (Presta v1.6.1)

hoover11

When a customer checks out using the paypal advance module with a credit card on the site, after entering the CC info it just goes blank to the order checkout page, no confirm, no redirect, nothing!

The order is recorded, but without any 'status'. Meanwhile I get a confirm from PayPal the customer has been charged, but the customers has zero indication, no emails. The order is not valid unless I "update payment status". Then the customer gets a payment received email.

Edit: using prestashop 1.6.1, Paypal v1.3.9

I tried manually entering links in the paypal manager-> setup. I tried redirecting to the to the order history page so the customer can at least see that and order was placed until I confirm payment manually for the time being but even that didn't work. It was either ignored or turn off the payment module.

Edited by hoover11 (see edit history)

Anyone?  Please.

Additional information:

1) I'm using a SSL cert. (on all pages)

2) Although the module says you don't need to, I modified the settings in Paypal Manager setup following this guide:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/441830-prestashop-16-paypal-advanced-setup-guide-with-free-default-module/

It did not work.

3) I tried installing the European module, but it doesn't have the on-site checkout feature I want.

4) re-installed Paypal Advance v1.3.9, still doesn't work.

5) I also created a php.ini file to disable Magic Quotes and dropped it in my public_html folder

My issues are:

1) The order is in the back office. For payment it says: "There is no status defined for this order."

2) The customer has no indication after submitting their credit card info. No confirm, no redirect, etc. The checkout area just goes blank. I tried modifying the paypal manger settings to go to a confirm page and/or order history but can't get it to work either. I supposed I can try editing the module settings if I can figure out where...

3) The iframe the checkout goes blank, or if I edit the settings in Paypal manager with a different address it shows a cannot be displayed browser page (see below).

4) I checked my access logs and don't see any other attempt to login as the paypal user. I contacted Paypal to see if they can check if the IPN is being sent successfully

EDIT: spelling

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by hoover11 (see edit history)

Anyone?  Please.

Additional information:

1) I'm using a SSL cert. (on all pages)

2) Although the module says you don't need to, I modified the settings in Paypal Manager setup following this guide:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/441830-prestashop-16-paypal-advanced-setup-guide-with-free-default-module/

It did not work.

3) I tried installing the European module, but it doesn't have the on-site checkout feature I want.

4) re-installed Paypal Advance v1.3.9, still doesn't work.

5) I also created a php.ini file to disable Magic Quotes and dropped it in my public_html folder

My issues are:

1) The order is in the back office. For payment it says: "There is no status defined for this order."

2) The customer has no indication after submitting their credit card info. No confirm, no redirect, etc. The checkout area just goes blank. I tried modifying the paypal manger settings to go to a confirm page and/or order history but can't get it to work either. I supposed I can try editing the module settings if I can figure out where...

3) The iframe the checkout goes blank, or if I edit the settings in Paypal manager with a different address it shows a cannot be displayed browser page (see below).

4) I checked my access logs and don't see any other attempt to login as the paypal user. I contacted Paypal to see if they can check if the IPN is being sent successfully

EDIT: spelling

Untitled-1.jpg

The code in the paypalusa.php file is missing a few required lines as mentionned in GitHub here:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules/pull/432/files#diff-5da7524100b2e4a68e32e136ed582c5cR423

I modified the file and managed to get it working, but my problem now is that it only works using Internet Explorer. It will not work with Firefox or Chrome

In Firefox, the credit card get charged, but no indication to client, cart still have items in it and you are still on the last checkout window but without the PayPal iframe.

In Chrome, the Paypal iframe just hangs after you click on pay now.

Everything is working fine with Internet Explorer.

I suspect it has something to do with cookies...

Also, I am in Canada and is only using CAD as currency, maybe that has something to do with the Prestashop PayPal USA, Canada module not working...

Anyway, I have attached the modified paypalusa.php file as per GitHub above if you want to try it out. Maybe it will work for USA.

The file is located under your public_html/modules/paypalusa/ directory on your host.

(Make sure to backup the original before)

Let me know if it works...

Dan

paypalusa.php

Thanks Dan,

I meant to update this yesterday but still had some other outstanding PS issues to resolve.

I ended up buying the Braintree module from Bellini Services on the addons store. It was having similar issue, so for me it wasn't either module. Mike at Bellini, great customer service, pointed me in the right directions and I was able to stumble through the forums to find this solution below:

I was using PS 1.6.1.0 (not sure if these specific issues were fixed in 1.6.1.1 or not). My PS error log was reporting: Exception occured Syntax error in template  ..MyTheme../mails/en/order_conf_product_list.txt

I found a solution to this specific problem here:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/368367-solved-payment-validation-problem/
I edited order_conf_product_list.txt and removed all slashes.

This fixed the issue with the Braintree Module and I assume it would have fixed PayPal too

However my order/confirm/etc email formats were all messed up, blue background, no html, lots of those slashes in the code. When I was attempting to fix them I got locked out of the translation email templates are and needed to increase my memory. I followed the thread below to modify the php.ini. I also thought I had previously disabled the magic quotes, but I was unable to get this php.ini to increase the memory until I put it in my admin folder. Once I got this php.ini in the admin folder the memory increased and the turn off magic quotes worked fixing my email templates.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/235573-max-input-vars-1000-solved/

No idea if this will fix the issues you are still having but everything seems to be working now on my end. The module switch cost $40 but having Mike from Bellini help troubleshoot was worth it. Braintree is pretty straight forward, the module has two settings, which I'm unsure which is best, but you can accept Paypal and cards directly on the page.

Thanks hoover11 for the updates.

Unfortunately this is not related to the problems I get.

It is almost obvious that Prestashop developer's doesn't want to fixed their Paypal module as a way to force users to purchase their paid module.

(I guess it's ok with an open source platform, developers got to make a buck somehow for their hard work).

I will probably get the Presto-Changeo module,, if I can't get the one from Prestashop working...

Cheers

Dan

The code in the paypalusa.php file is missing a few required lines as mentionned in GitHub here:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules/pull/432/files#diff-5da7524100b2e4a68e32e136ed582c5cR423

I modified the file and managed to get it working, but my problem now is that it only works using Internet Explorer. It will not work with Firefox or Chrome

In Firefox, the credit card get charged, but no indication to client, cart still have items in it and you are still on the last checkout window but without the PayPal iframe.

In Chrome, the Paypal iframe just hangs after you click on pay now.

Everything is working fine with Internet Explorer.

I suspect it has something to do with cookies...

Also, I am in Canada and is only using CAD as currency, maybe that has something to do with the Prestashop PayPal USA, Canada module not working...

Anyway, I have attached the modified paypalusa.php file as per GitHub above if you want to try it out. Maybe it will work for USA.

The file is located under your public_html/modules/paypalusa/ directory on your host.

(Make sure to backup the original before)

Let me know if it works...

Dan

(SOLVED)

*Update*

Ok , I have fixed the problem myself by using the updated paypalusa.php file and following the guide on this post:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/441830-prestashop-16-paypal-advanced-setup-guide-with-free-default-module/?hl=%2Bpaypal+%2Badvanced&do=findComment&comment=2170958

I looks like Prestashop module is not automatically configurating some options values in setup in PayPal Manager and the fields for:

Enter Cancel URL

Enter Error URL

Enter Return URL

needs to be filled in as per instruction from the link above.

So, everything is working fine now with Prestashop default Paypal module (now version v1.3.10 with new paypalusa.php file) in advanced mode.

Tested with Prestashop 1.6.1.1 and 1.6.1.2

Cheers

Edited by papagino (see edit history)