PrestaShop 1.6 - PayPal Advanced Setup Guide with Free Default Module

nnapier

Hello Everyone! This is my first post, but I figured I should make it since I was saved by this awesome forum this morning:

The Prestashop 1.6 PayPal module and PayPal Manager setup is confusing and there is zero documentation. Everyone ends up blowing $50-$100 because they can’t figure out how to set things up correctly on both ends. I found out that the major issue has to do with using a second user that you create with admin abilities in PayPal Manager and adding proper Error and Cancel URL’s under the PayPal Manager Service Settings Setup in the form of http://www.yourdomain.com/order.

This corrects the annoying “No Payment Method is Installed” error when you try to checkout when you attempt to setup PayPal Advanced. I’m not sure if the complexity and annoyance of setup is intentional by both PayPal and PrestaShop to push users into buying unneeded extra modules, but it is what it is.

I've saved the guide as a PDF and posted it as an attachment, so please see the attachment. 

A big thanks to user "surferboy" for providing the info that helped me fix this issue. Thanks everyone!

PrestaShop-PayPal_Advanced_Setup-using_default_free_module-GUIDE-05-12-15.pdf

• 5 months later...

Followed the steps in the PDF but am still receiving the "No Payment Method is Installed" error. Has there been any updates in the steps? I'm running 1.6.0.11 PrestaShop with the PayPal USA/Canada module version 1.3.9. I've tested it a few different times and am still receiving the errors.

Can Anyone help me please? I have been trying to set-up PayPal USA/Canada module version 1.3.9 on Prestashop but when hit save settings it keeps returning INVALID CREDENTIALS message. I am very confused with this. I have the sand box account created and I retrieve all values for PayPal API setting from  this account. what should I enter for PayPal Business Account textbox. I have tried everything on this but nothing seems to be the valid credentials. can anyone share some light on this issue?.  There is not much documentation out there and the Sand Box PayPal website does not have a detailed and concise guideline.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Drob08 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't believe that this module STILL has so many problems after several years of existence!!!

I seriously need to just ditch Prestashop I think.

Thank you for the OP - I followed the PDF instructions and I followed surferboy's original set of instructions and I STILL have the same problem of not seeing Paypal as a payment option in checkout with PP Advanced Payments.

WHY is there such terrible documentation with this module - there are so many people who have problems with it!

• Like 1

Why would they fix it? You wouldn't blow $50 - $100 on a custom module if they did. PrestaShop is a bit of a mess, but in the end all of the cart systems are. They work just enough so that all of the money can be made by addon's and fixes. I'm a systems engineer with 15 years of programming and web dev experience and I still waste days hacking in the simplest things. The themes are all complete garbage that never work unless you have the time and knowledge to completely rework most of the layouts and custom module integration. I guess it is just what we can expect for a customized site based around a cart system that we don't write ourselves. 

I actually had to setup another Prestashop site and used my directions about 6 months ago and it did eventually work. It took me 2 - 3 times to get it perfect so I would keep trying or just consider buying one of the custom modules to make it work. 

Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can you clarify whether I need a Payflow Link account in order to use Paypal Website Payments Pro on my website, to accept credit cards in PS without redirecting users to Paypal?

My previous shopping cart didn't require Payflow Link to do this, because this is sold as Paypal Website Payments Pro, which includes I guess the old Paypal Payments Advanced, so I'm confused. It's been called Paypal Website Payments Pro for the last 10 years I've been in the business, and this is the first time I've ever even heard of Paypal Payments Advanced.

I tried following the link to create a Paypal Payments Advanced account here, and it says I already have a merchant account, which of course I do.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-payments-advanced

So I create an additional user just in my regular paypal.com account instead of on the Manager account that I don't seem to have. When I try to log in to https://manager.paypal.com using hte user I created, it wont' take the credentials. I use this:

Partner: Paypal

Merchant Login: My regular paypal login

User: The new username I created

Password: The new username's password

What am I doing wrong? Do I need a separate Payflow account instead? I almost did that, but it wanted all my bank information, preferences, etc, etc, all over again, and it doesn't make sense that this is what I should be doing, unless you can confirm that it's the way it's done now.

Edited by TurkeyFish (see edit history)