Pack products: HOW?

Hello everyone.

I have a small (I hope it is small) question to offer.

I would like to make a series of packs of products consisting of products existing in the store.

The scenario is as follows:

I Have these products:

Product 1, VAT at 22%, the price is XXX

Product 2, VAT at 22%, the price is YYY

Product 3, VAT at 4%, price is ZZZ

Product 4, 10% VAT, price is KKK

I want to implement a pack made up of products that displays 1-2-3-4 and that have as price the sum of XXX YYY + + ZZZ + KKK automatically, that in the info tab of pack displays the detail of 4 products that compose one without the price and without the option to add it to your cart. Also during the purchase order generation it must be present in detail the composition of the pack with the details of individual products.

How can I achieve that described?

Last question: how to handle the VAT of pack?

I hope I was clear.

I tried to create a pack with more products but I need to manually enter the cost of the pack.

Can you help me?

Thanks to all for your attention.

Prestashop version 1.6.1.1

Renzo

Thanks for your answer.

I followed the instructions. The problem is that after adding to pack products in stock, the price of the pack is 0. I have to add it manually. I would also like to know how to manage the overall VAT and how get out in the order the details of all product the make up pack.

Hi

Renzo

• 4 weeks later...

How it should ? you are adding a complete new and own product. The price should be stipulated by you.

I am in the same position. in would like to create a pack consisting of multiples of existing products, but have the price of that pack automatically calculate the price by multiplying the price of the existing units.

e.g:

Pack 1 consists of 5 apples and 1 banana.

If an apple costs $1 and a banana costs $2

How can we have the site automatically calculate the pack as $7.

Therefore if the price of a banana increases to $2.50, all we need to do is change the price of the banana and every pack that has a banana will change accordingly... 

I agree with Plutarch on this.

If I create a pack of products which is made up of:

- product A - price = £10

- product B - price = £20

- product C - price = £30

The total price of the pack should be automatically calculated as £60. The price shows in the default template, see example screenshot.

If the price is calculated in the template, surely it should be automatically calculated as the pack price.

If someone can tell me the reasons why this is not automatically calculated I would be grateful. Perhaps someone from the Prestashop team?

Thanks.

post-374128-0-67503300-1446715342_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Excellent Question!  I'm with you guys on this - I would also like to know why PS doesn't sum the price of all the individual items (as a default selling price)

Sure, packs may have their own unique selling price - so I should be able to stipulate a unique price for the pack but it should (by default) calculate the cost and retail price by adding together the respective products cost and retail prices.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

There is a whole pile of people in this thread asking for the same thing, which should be inherent in the design of packs: using the calculated price. Isn't this the whole point of a pack?

So I'm throwing my hat in requesting that the pack feature not be broken by requiring me to set a price manually.