Prestashop could not connect to Fedex webservices

I've seen this topic several times with no resolution.

When I try to setup my FEX Module I get :

Prestashop could not connect to FedEx webservices : ERROR 1000: authentication failed

I'm using Prestashop 1.6.1.1

Can someone Help ?

post-1112242-0-17729700-1444580196_thumb.jpg

The answer is still the same if you are getting the same error. That is a 1000 error from fedex web, that is a login error. One of your creds is not right. 

OK, how can you tell this.. I've shared the error info with their webservices tech support & they claim its Prestashop.  I am now reading a diff forum post regarding this.. but tomorrow.. I will share this info with them as well..  The credentials they initially provide are for test purposes first..  But, I will contact them.. Thx

The fact is that error message is generated from the FEDEX site. That message is not in the module. I deal with shops all day, I know what the error means. It is easier for someone at Fedex to pass the buck along and not help you. 

The fact is that error message is generated from the FEDEX site. That message is not in the module. I deal with shops all day, I know what the error means. It is easier for someone at Fedex to pass the buck along and not help you. 

what u say maybe true.. but I also believe if a company such as "Prestashop" offers certain services, they need to work with vendors they provide to us the end users to ensure everything works properly.  THis is not the first, the second, nor the third module I have attempted to use and receive error messages.  It gets a bit frustrating.  How often does Prestashop go thru and check the modules they offer?  Prestashop tech should call Fed-ex webservices tech and speak to them. 

a

That line of thought really bothers me to be honest. Where does such entitlement come from? 

PrestaShop is free. They provide modules for services so you can use them. They even provide helpful error messages that help when you have issues. Like check these out. 

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/282977-fedexcarrier-error-1000-authentication-failed/

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/106246-prestashop-could-not-connect-to-fedex-webservices/

Both of them address the problem you asked and they were solved with using the right login information. 

As for how often they update the module, it is public information. Check the git. https://github.com/PrestaShop/fedexcarrier  It was updated about 6 months ago. There have been no API changes to fedex in that time. 

How do you purpose PrestaShop deal with situations where people enter information incorrectly and expect things to work?

That line of thought really bothers me to be honest. Where does such entitlement come from? 

PrestaShop is free. They provide modules for services so you can use them. They even provide helpful error messages that help when you have issues. Like check these out. 

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/282977-fedexcarrier-error-1000-authentication-failed/

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/106246-prestashop-could-not-connect-to-fedex-webservices/

Both of them address the problem you asked and they were solved with using the right login information. 

As for how often they update the module, it is public information. Check the git. https://github.com/PrestaShop/fedexcarrier  It was updated about 6 months ago. There have been no API changes to fedex in that time. 

How do you purpose PrestaShop deal with situations where people enter information incorrectly and expect things to work?

LOL.. the question is not who I am but who are you to think you can speak to me in a condescending tone.  Let me enlighten you a tad bit..  I've worked over 20 years for two of the most influential global 500 companies... and regardless if items or service are free or not you deliver to your customer as if they were paying full price.  Nothing is free.. Prestashop is receiving some sort of benefit in the long run.  Doesn't matter.. However, I think Fedex understands that concept because at minimum they do have a department dedicated towards assisting folk for a free service.

Nevertheless, if you are unable to work towards a positive resolution.. you can remove yourself from this conversation.. and allow someone who is willing.. I'll cease discussion with you.  Have a good day ....

A

Btw, I have already visited those links and gained info that I'm able to pass onto Fedex - and I've spoken to fed-ex last week so there is a problem within their last update obviously

Edited by aprilgabrielle (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to update this because it's pretty high up on the search results, and I just had yet another client ask me about this same thing....

The plugin isn't exactly clear as to the exact terms that FedEx uses to describe the login info, and should probably be more clear. Free product or not, it helps to label things properly.

FedEx account does NOT refer to your username. It refers to your ACCOUNT number.

FedEx meter number is exactly that.

FedEx password is not your normal login password, but your PRODUCTION password (sent via email), not on the developer page.

And lastly, the authentication key refers to the one that was provided on the page generated from the developer page. 

Super tired of getting this question. Hopefully more people see this and I'll stop getting questions. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Just wanted to update this because it's pretty high up on the search results, and I just had yet another client ask me about this same thing....

The plugin isn't exactly clear as to the exact terms that FedEx uses to describe the login info, and should probably be more clear. Free product or not, it helps to label things properly.

FedEx account does NOT refer to your username. It refers to your ACCOUNT number.

FedEx meter number is exactly that.

FedEx password is not your normal login password, but your PRODUCTION password (sent via email), not on the developer page.

And lastly, the authentication key refers to the one that was provided on the page generated from the developer page. 

Super tired of getting this question. Hopefully more people see this and I'll stop getting questions. 

This is the correct answer!