Webmaster Deceased

Hi prestashop forum members

I have an awful dilemma where my webmaster has passed away a couple of weeks ago. He was a wonderful, kind man but unfortunately has been very ill throughout this year. He bought two domain names on my behalf, which I paid for, but he never had the opportunity to transfer them over to my name as he has been hospitalised most of the time. 

Now I have no control of my domain names and I cannot get into the back office of prestashop to make any changes etc. There are only 12 products on this website, but the photos need to be uploaded and some text changes made.

I also have the problem that when the time comes to update the domain name, the reminder will go to his email address, not mine. This does not happen until may 2016 so I have some time to sort out this mess.

The domain names are registered with heart internet uk and they have forced me to buy a hosting from them to change ownership, although when I look at the "who is" details for the domains, they are still registered under my webmaster's name although they say that the transfer has been made.

There are a few different issues and I hope and pray that some of the professional experts who know prestashop can help me gain access. I was an admin for the back office, but I have tried to use my email address and generate a new password but nothing happens. I am not a technical person and completely lost.

Thank you in advance for any help

Nia

• Like 1

If you have access to the control panel now, like FTP server and phpmyadmin, then we can probably go into the database and change the current admins email address to yours.  Then you can perform a forgot password from the back office login page, which would allow you to change the admin password and get logged in.

As for the domain name registration, if who is does not reflect you as the owner, then you need to point that out to the domain name registrar again, as they wrong.

• 1 month later...