[SOLVED] TAX big problem

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean. In Prestashop v1.2.5, go to the Preferences > Products and change the "Price display" to "Tax included**". In Prestashop v1.3, go to Customers > Groups, edit each group and change "Price display method" to "Tax included".

Do you mean that the unit price on the shopping cart summary is excluding tax? If you are using Prestashop v1.2.5, it is hardcoded to exclude tax. This has been changed in Prestashop v1.3. You can change line 19 of shopping-cart-product-line.tpl from:

{convertPrice price=$product.price_wt}

to:

{convertPrice price=$product.price}

to change it from excluding tax to including tax.

It's working for me. Did you go to Payment > Taxes and set up a tax, then go to the "1. Info." tab of each product and assign a tax? Do you have your "Price display" set to tax included? What version of Prestashop are you using?

• 2 months later...

This SQL query will change the tax of every product to the tax with ID 1:

UPDATE `ps_product` SET `id_tax` = 1

Change ps_ to your database prefix and 1 to the ID of the tax you want on all your products. This will overwrite the existing tax rates on all your products, so make a backup of yoru ps_product database first in case you want to restore the tax of any of the products.

Are you using an old third-party theme? If you are, try changing your shop to the default PrestaShop theme and see whether the taxes work. If they do, you'll need to recreate your theme using the default PrestaShop theme for taxes to work.

I solved the problem!!!

There is some kind of "bug" in default presta installation.

there are 3 different taxes rate set
ONLY for 17.5 % in back office>> payments >> taxes- no zone or state is selected. Probably by mistake.
Any other tax rate works fine.

thanks for your help!!

I can confirm this bug. It is odd that VAT 17% isn't in any zones by default, but VAT 19.6% and VAT 5.5% are in zones by default. You may report this on bug tracker, though it isn't a major issue, since these are defaults only and are supposed to be changed.