Brinks not showing PayPal option

Hello!  I installed the Brinks module on my site yesterday.  It's advertised as accepting credit cards and PayPal, but PayPal is not showing up in the order form.  The Brinks documentation (2checkout.com) at https://www.2checkout.com/documentation/payment-api/paypal-direct says you have to "simply" add a line in your  standard checkout payment form or link.  I don't know how to do this.  Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Brinks is one of the "official" payment modules offered in the Prestashop back office. You know I was going to go with Braintree, but I decided I like the Brinks backend website more, so that's what I'm going with. Just have to get the PayPal option to work! Thanks.

I reviewed the module on the Addons store, and it is a bit confusing.  From reading the description, I understand that Brinks allows merchants to accept payments from customers using many methods, as quoted below...

Brink’s Checkout, a service provided by The Brink’s Company, allows merchants from 200 countries to accept online payments from customers worldwide in multiple currencies and languages in addition to the most widely used payment methods (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners, Discover, JCB, PayPal, and Debit Card). In addition, it comes with a no-cost state-of-the-art fraud prevention. Merchants access all of that with a simple, low-cost, per performance pricing.

However what is not clear is if the module supports this.  Based on the screen shots it does not appear to.  I took one step further, and downloaded the module and searched the code for paypal, and I get no hits.  I also looked at the payment form and it appears to only support credit cards, no other payment options.

So this leads me to believe that while Brinks offers this option, that perhaps the module did not implement it.  Unfortunately this is the type of thing you get from Prestashop developed modules.

First think it would be best to contact developers, Belvg you can see contacts in brinkscheckout.php at top. 

And ask them if PayPal is supported in module.

You could try to add that one line but think it would not be that easy. Backup file first. And note this is not tested just thinks it right place for that line.

Open file TwocheckoutCharge.php in brinkscheckout/lib/Twocheckout folder and add in two places, lines 14 and 33 before lines if ($type == 'auto')

echo '<input name="paypal_direct" type="hidden" value="Y">';

That probably would not be enough and you could need return_url line too.

Ok, I emailed the developer and haven't heard back yet, but some web surfing took me to the integration instructions on www.brinks.com.  http://www.brinkscheckout.com/shopping-cart/prestashop/  Scrolling down, it has a section for PayPal Direct Setup.  It turns out to be a separate module!  Yuck!  But if it works, that's fine.  That web site, in a different place, recommends downloading a module from https://github.com/craigchristenson/, so I trusted the site and downloaded the required module there.  Specifically, that address is 

https://github.com/craigchristenson/prestashop-2checkout-api  and it only says to upload one folder from the module, so I did that via File-Zilla.  Then you have to go into Prestashop Modules and configure the module called "2Checkout PayPal Direct".  You have to then give it your 2checkout.com account number and your "secret word" which took a bit to find.  On your 2checkout.com dashboard, go to Account/Site Management, and then scroll all the way to the bottom.  I did all that, and now there is a "Pay with PayPal" button on my order page, and, presumably, any sales through that button will be logged in my 2checkout.com account.

Wow.  Not well-done, but it is done.  Thanks guys for your help.

Steven.

Ok, just as a follow-up: yes, I got the PayPal button to work, but then I figured out that the Brinks payment module doesn't work 100% in Chrome.  Bummer.  So I'm not going with Brinks.

bellini13, you'll be happy to know that I'm going back to Braintree.  The Brinks backend website looked nice, but I need something that works, and Braintree looks better in that arena.  And I will also say that I read your how-to document, and I also turned off the Drop-In UI.  I think your custom form looks much better than the Drop-In form.  I haven't tested it on different sized screens, but it really does look good.  Nice job.

Thanks.

Steven.