No longer access to BO/FO after Multistore set-up - HELP!

Hello,

ok I'm totally stuck with no possibility to access any longer neither the BO nor the FO of my eshop (www.beautykosm.ch) that was working nicely (even with SSL) before I decided to play with the Multistore configuration. It is all based on the latest PS 1.6.1 version.

When I try to access the site both for BO and FO now I get ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS Infinite Loop Redirection on the browser (and yes I already cleaned the cache/cookies at least 3 times now)

Here what did and what I got:

1) I opened a new domain www.alemaproshop.ch that was intended to become the shop for my wholesalers while www.beautykosm.ch was intended for end-users. They are both hosted at the same provider with the following configuration:

Name servers:
ns1.switchplus.ch 80.67.16.124
ns2.switchplus.ch 193.223.77.3

Beautykosm.ch:

Target path=/

Hostname

*.beautykosm.ch. Type=A Target=auto

www.beautykosm.ch. Type=A Target=auto

beautykosm.ch. Type=A Target=auto

alemaproshop.ch: 

Target path=/

Hostname 

*.alemaproshop.ch. Type=A Target=auto

www.alemaproshop.ch. Type=A Target=auto

alemaproshop.ch. Type=A Target=auto

Because my need was to share the same products between my two kind of customers but with different prices and promotions I decided to go for the Multistore capability on the Beautykosm.ch main store. So in its BO I enabled the Multistore functionality. It correctly created the default group which I renamed in Alema Pro. In the group it was showing www.beautykosm.ch as the master store. Then I choose to create a new store  to which I gave the name of AP Profi Shop, the category root was Home and I associated all the available categories in beautykosm to such new store. I also selected the same Warehouse theme I'm using on beautykosm for the new store and all the import possibilities were selected. The new store was correctly created after few minutes (I've almost 1000 products). 

After that I setup the URL for the new shop. On the Domain name I inserted www.alemaproshop.ch, on Domain SSL nothing and on Physical URL I just typed /. No Virtual URL and my final URL for the new shop became http://www.alemaproshop.ch. The Main URL slider was set to YES. 

The result is that now I have the following .htaccess file (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12125376/.htaccess) and the following entries in the DB that can be seen in the attached jpg files.

Can somebody help me to restore at least the access to BO/FO and then maybe give me an opinion what I did wrong?

Thanks

Marco

post-652453-0-93809100-1440441227_thumb.jpg

post-652453-0-11765900-1440441229_thumb.jpg

Well yes I regained control but frankly I still have some doubts why all this happened and I'm still having strong doubts how to implement the Multistore configuration I need.

First thing I did is to delete the .htaccess file from the beautykosm shop directory (that in my case is /) then I went to the management panel of my host provider and for the domain beautykosm.ch changed the Target_Path to: /beautykosm.ch. I tried then to access the BO.

I got at the beginning a browser warning that the site was not secure (in the origin I had an SSL certificate but apparently it was not working anymore). Anyway I choose to continue in unsecure mode and then suddenly I was able to get to the PS login splash screen but icons were missing. I typed my credentials and got into BO although the browser anytime I was navigating through the BO was telling me that the page/site was not secure and many icons on the BO GUI were missing.

Once inside I disabled Multishop and I Turn Off and The On the Friendly URL option as I know that this procedure recreate an .htcaccess file. I then turned off the SSL switch as  experienced the security problem and I eve cleaned the cache just in case. Then I log out, cleaned cookies on my browser and even restarted my PC.

After the PC restarted I opened the browser and tried to access BO with http address and the splash screen was now right with all the icons in place and even inside the BO everything was fine. Just for curiosity I checked the new .htaccess file and it was exactly the same as the one I posted in my previous post. So all entries regarding the other domain I woudl like to use in the Multistore configuration were kept. Clearly even if Multistore is disbaled it leaves the latest configuration data within the DB.

But I was still annyed that SSL was not working so I renabled SSL on Preferences/Maintenance but when I tried it immediately teh browser gave me a security error. I gave up and went to bed as I was happy to see that even the FO was accessible although not with https.

This morning I tried enabling SSL again and...magic!...it worked well. The only thing that I saw it changed since last night is on the domain side of my provider that now has the following entres for name server of beautykosm.ch:

Hostname

*.beautykosm.ch. Type=A Target=auto

www.beautykosm.ch. Type=A Target=37.200.97.48

beautykosm.ch. Type=A Target=37.200.97.48

Frankly I wonder who put those IP addresses because it was not certainly me. Is maybe just a matter of DNS propagation?

I do not know. But now everything works fine and SSL certificate is up and running with SSL enabled on all the pages.

Still my question remain: what should I do to enable the Multistore configuration? I will create another post for this and close this one. 

Thanks for your interest anyway.

Marco

• Like 1

Hi, I followed this as I have a little understanding of the subject and happy you recovered, deleting .htaccess was a good idea.

From your screen shots you would want to make the 2nd shop ssl domain name same as 2nd shop domain name.

Also, the dns settings were not really something I could comment on.  I can tell you that for cpanel you would park the 2nd domain to main domain, in plesk you would alias domain to main domain of shop.

Multishop works very well but dns can be a bit difficult if done manually.

• Like 1

Thanks El Patron for your feedback.

I was planning to buy one of your module (Private Shop Authorized Clients Only) if the Multistore configuration was working but so far no success so I need to put on hold the purchase  :(

I opened a new post just for this config challenge I'm facing (https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/465199-help-configuring-multistore-with-2-domains/?p=2129611)

I've read about "parking the domain" but I really do not know/understand how to do it with my Swiss host provider (switchplus). I opened a ticket with their support but so far no answer. Tomorrow will call them.

In the meantime I would appreciate if you could take a look at the specific post I've created and give me your opinion.

Thanks in advance.