How to add an html select that contains options from new added table

Diachronic

Hello

I've added a new table in Pretashop 1.6 database , and i want to load all rows in this table in an html select(its a list of restaurant tables name) , which is placed inside an custom cms page.

How should i modified the prestashop code in order to let me access/get the rows using the context in my custom cms page.

Any Help Please !!!!!

First you need to understand that Prestashop designed their CMS pages to be static content that you can manage from the back office.  It does not allow you to dynamically add content from sources like a database

so if it has to be within a CMS page, then you have no other choice but to edit or override the CMS controller to perform the SQL query and then place the results into smarty.  Then you would have to edit your themes cms.tpl to pull this information out of smarty and display it when this custom cms page is displayed.

The alternative method would be to locate a module that allows you to do something better, or you would create a custom page/controller/template specifically for this page.