upgrade to 1611

Hi!

Yes there was a difference! It has been so enormously many versions of PrestaShop so it is a must to know what version as it comes. It is a huge difference between the different versions and features. As for the PS 1.6.1.1, have you made a new clean install, or have you made an update?

Have you forced the compilation and emptied the cache?

Regards

MacRoy

Edited by MacRoy (see edit history)

Hi!

Have you checked so that no template compilation is active, that is not to force the compilation is enabled, and that the cache is enabled.

Also check that all CCC combine compressing and caching is enabled!

Regards

MacRoy

post-413956-0-20715600-1440111395_thumb.jpg

post-413956-0-39932700-1440111402_thumb.jpg

it was an upgrade as i was on old version and needed the security patch with this version.

yes cleared catch but i can not add products, there is an annoying parrot icon that spins round it so slow. well i can add them buy=t it take forever

Hi!

I have also installed the PS 1.6.1.1 and can conclude that there are major problems with the speed of PS 1.6.1.1. I reported this and hope they fix this immediately. So you and I and everyone else can just wait until a fix is ready for this!

Best regards

MacRoy

• Like 1

Hi!

I have also installed the PS 1.6.1.1 and can conclude that there are major problems with the speed of PS 1.6.1.1. I reported this and hope they fix this immediately. So you and I and everyone else can just wait until a fix is ready for this!

Best regards

MacRoy

I have the same problem after upgrading from 1.6.1.0 to 1.6.1.1 the shop was very very slow both Front and Back, i have gone back to 1.6.1.0 simply because i can't live whit a live shop so slow... Is there any chance that they fix it soon did you hear anything from them?

• Like 1

I have been reporting the slow product save for since 1.6.0.11 and each new version still as the same issue and is why my actual store is still 1.6.0.6.

Either they do not know how to fix or don't care, I have been a long supporter of Prestashop but it is getting harder and harder.

The issue seems to be wit save &stay, in the 1.6.1.1 i am testing takes over a minute to complete, my 1.6.0.6 takes less then 5 sec.

This is a well known issue, my report on the forge was closed because it was a duplicate, getting pretty hard to understand why they keep releasing new versions with the same problems.

• Like 3

My problem are not the product save are slow, my problem are that the entire shop both front and back are getting very very slow, whit long loadtime. 

Whit version 1.6.1.0 the loadtime was abouth 1 sek, but after upgrade to 1.6.1.1 the loadtime was between 5 and 16 sek and sometimes longer.

After downgrade to version 1.6.1.0 again the load time is 1 sek again so i think it must be something in the version 1.6.1.1 that is wrong and make the site slow

• Like 1

Hi!

Best regards

MacRoy

I have just emails [email protected] but i expect it will take days for a reply 

I have gone back to my old prestashop 1.6.0.1

it cost me £300 to upgrade my system with developer,

Prestshop emailed me to say that their was secuity issues with my 1.6.0.1 and i needed to upgrade to get my security patch! 

So we upgrade costing us £300 and the 1.6.1.1 has bugs, emailed them 3 days ago, also telephoned them.

But we have no reply from them JOKERS

We spend money on there modules they take our money but the customer service is rubbish.

Soon as i can afford better service we will be leaving prestashop.

I don't care if we don't pay them for online help, we cant afford there prices.

Still we should get some sort of better service than this.

Totally and utterly fed up with it.

Ive waisted £300 now and gone back to original prestashop.

ALL THE GRIEF FOR NOTHING!!!! THANKS PRESTASHOP JUST THANKS 

• Like 1

I have 1.6.0.6 have no issues and installed the Security patch files manually as I did not trust the security patch module.

It is only 4 files 2 in classes and 2 in controllers 1 in admin 1 in front they basically have to do with Login/Password so I renamed the original to .back and uploaded the new files.

I refuse to upgrade as the new version are stupid slow, I also read to change servers or upgrade this is a lie, and a way to pass on the blame.

I have 1.6.0.6 and a test 1.6.0.1 on the same server and my issue is when entering products and you need to Save & Stay it takes over a minute for the buttons to stop spinning.

In the 1.6.0.6 shop after clicking Save & Stay the page loads instantly after it refreshes the whole process is less then 5 sec, can you imagine building a site from scratch where you need to enter 800 or more products.

I would pull my hair out and be trying other programs if this does not change I can see Prestashop losing customers, I wonder if they care.

And I won't even get started here on the PayPal USA module.   :angry:  

• Like 2

The PayPal USA, Canada does not work!

PayPal Payflow Link: Error - No payment method is available for use at this time.

PayPal Express Checkout: Unfortunately, an error occured while communicating with PayPal.
       Short Error Message: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
       Detailed Error Message: Item total is invalid.
       Error Code: 10426 PayPal

PayPal Payments Standard: The customer is redirected away from the website. All website sales data is lost.

Edited by craighebert (see edit history)

I have 1.6.0.6 have no issues and installed the Security patch files manually as I did not trust the security patch module.

It is only 4 files 2 in classes and 2 in controllers 1 in admin 1 in front they basically have to do with Login/Password so I renamed the original to .back and uploaded the new files.

I refuse to upgrade as the new version are stupid slow, I also read to change servers or upgrade this is a lie, and a way to pass on the blame.

TDR where did you get the security patches from as i have a 1.5.3.1 site running and wanted to upgrade to a newer version as they are full screen but if i can sort out the security patches then i will change the layout of old version as it is far and away quicker than the 1.6.0.14 test site which has now been upgraded to 1.6.1.1

thanks mb

TDR where did you get the security patches from as i have a 1.5.3.1 site running and wanted to upgrade to a newer version as they are full screen but if i can sort out the security patches then i will change the layout of old version as it is far and away quicker than the 1.6.0.14 test site which has now been upgraded to 1.6.1.1

thanks mb

You can find them here  https://gist.github.com/Shudrum/27fc534de69c96617280  srcoll down the page to the zip version, download the version that fits.

Unzip and inside you will see the folders and files that apply, once again I renamed the originals and uploaded the new files.

I did not worry about the exact version I have 1.6.0.6 and it says 1.6.0.14 but all seems well and have had no problems or adverse effects.