Help - Site isn't loading properly

Morning,

I'm due to launch my website today and was working on the back office last night just editing emails, statuses etc when suddenly the website stopped loading properly. The menus and anything with js isn't loading properly. The pages are really slow when loading and when they eventually appear they are full of errors and an absolute mess. I realise it must have something to do with js but don't know where to start. The url is www.thelearningemporium.co.uk

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart

Good morning,

Your report is rather vague.

You report seeing error messages. That points to php errors as js errors are usually online visible in decreased functionality. Php error messages may harm the flow of your page and in that way cause javascript to stop working.

In order for us to help you, please report the php errors that you get - the first is usually the most important. And have a look at the source code of your pages. Even "file not found" error messages for some missing picture can harm your javascript.

M

Thanks for the quick response and sorry for being vague but this is all a bit new to me still.

There are no errors in cpanel and there are also no errors in /logs. I've looked in the error log in the back office and agian there's nothing to report relating to this from there. Upon inspecting element on chrome the following errors have been documented:

post-876445-0-75772400-1435139978_thumb.png

Is there somewhere else I should be looking for error logs?

Thanks,

Stuart

These errors have nothing to do with Prestashop. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24490323/google-chrome-cast-sender-error-if-chrome-cast-extension-is-not-installed-or-usi

As this is a Chrome related error you might look if your site runs better within a Chrome browser.

You should switch _PS_MODE_DEV_ in the file config\defines.inc.php to true and look for php errors. If you don't see them straight away you should look in the source code of the pages.

Hi,

I've tried switching error reporting on through defines.inc.php already but no error messages are reported. It's the same in every browser I try and even on mobile sites. I've just reverted to a backup database from yesterday but it's still not solved, but at least I can rule that out. I have got an entire site backup from a few days ago which I may just have to replace all my files with one-by-one to see if that sorts it. I don't understand how this has suddenly started happening though.

Stuart

I've now changed all of the files that have been adapted over the last 24hrs for backed up versions and the problem still persists. I have ruled out every change that I've made in the last 24hrs.

I've also now restored a backup for the entire site but it's still not loading as it should.

The site was working perfectly yesterday, what could have happened?

Stuart

Edited by stoo_s (see edit history)

Are you sure you didn't make some changes in the optimization like switching caching off?

If you put back the old version - keep then a copy of the new one so that you can compare them.

There is another switch in config\defines.in.php, _PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_, with which you can see how long each query takes that Prestashop makes to the database. But I am not sure whether that would help in this case.

I've swapped the database to the last backup but still the problem persists. I don't think there's anything that I haven't reverted to backup copies now.  The folders and files are exactly as they were 24hrs ago when the site was operating perfectly, but today the exact same folders and files are loading differently. Could it be a server issue?

Hi Vekia,

Thanks for the reply. If you scroll down the page you'll see the true extent of the problems. The htmlbox items are breaking free from the box, the fonts are incorrect in various places, the footer should have a grey background, there are missing icons which have been replaced by text... the list goes on. Any ideas?

Stuart

Thanks for all  the help. I have now resolved this. I had to replace the entire public_html folder in the end, not something I had wanted to do as it has cost me a couple of days of work but at least the site is behaving itself now. I still have no idea what caused this problem and that worries me a little going forward but at least I know how to resolve it now and will just need to make sure I keep on top my backups!

Thanks again,

Stuart