proiblem with conditions.tp;

Hi,

I was trying to add text to the conditions.tpl file and saved it then undid the changes then saved it again... for some reason the right side isn't showing up on the website, just on the conditions.php page all the other pages are fine. Below is the conditions.tpl file I was editing and attached is a picture of the side of the page.

I did copy the original file of conditions.tpl back to no avail.

Thank you, if you can help.

{if $thickbox}

{l s='Conditions'}

{else}
{capture name=path}{l s='Conditions'}{/capture}
{include file=$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl}

{l s='Conditions'}

{/if}

{l s=' [Your 5 conditions] '}

• {$conf.PS_SHOP_NAME|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}
  • {$conf.PS_SHOP_ADDR1|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'} {$conf.PS_SHOP_ADDR2|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}
  • {$conf.PS_SHOP_CODE|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'} {$conf.PS_SHOP_CITY|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}
  • {$conf.PS_SHOP_COUNTRY|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

{$conf.PS_SHOP_DETAILS|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

{if !$thickbox}

{l s='Home'}{l s='Home'}

{/if}

1638_HSnBQcAp8IM1ZUXWu7rF_t

Nothing wrong with the code.
All you have done is setup exceptions in the admin you will need to go into the DB table "ps_hook_module_exceptions" & manually remove conditions.php from the lsit of exceptions

I have setup conditions2.php as you can see this works so defferently down to the exceptions ;)

conditions.tpl block in global.css stylesheet has the right column removed.

/* conditions.tpl */
#conditions #right_column { display: none; }

#conditions h2 { background: transparent url('../img/title_bg_large.gif') no-repeat top left; }
#conditions #center_column {
width: 730px;
text-align: justify;}

As you can see above the second line asks for the right column to display none.
Remove this line and the column will display.

In my file its near the bottom

Hi jhnstcks,

Your suggestion worked partly it brought back the right side but it was in wrong place... I copied "#conditions h2 { background: transparent url(’." this whole like and it put things back in place.

Thank you very much.
Markos

I imagine that the right column ended up at the bottom of the page under the center column, that would be because of 2 things, either the center column width is now too wide because you now have the right column, or the graphics background is causing the column to wrap to the next available line.

A year ago i only knew very basic html, just enough to get by on ebay and have learnt what i know by reading other peoples problems and the answers to them and also by just fiddling with the files and basically messing with the software. Thing about websites and shopping carts is that it is all a learning experience.

If you want to learn quickly, re all the posts and absorb the information and answers that people give, that will mean next time someone asks the question (which they will do) you will know the answer and can help them.

If you want to mess with a prestashop installation, load a second shop onto your site (its only 12mb so doesnt take much room up. I'm not too sure what would happen or if this would work, but if you install it into a folder in your admin (whatever you may have named it) folder no-one will know its there but you. That will give you the chance to change stuff and see what happens, alot of things in the css files can break the look of your site. If you change something and cant get it working again, you can just delete the installation and re-instal it, without affecting your live store.

also by just fiddling with the files and basically messing with the software.

LOL. That's how I learnt. The more I break, the more I learn. Must say I am very proficient at re-installing

If you want to mess with a prestashop installation, load a second shop onto your site (its only 12mb so doesnt take much room up.

You call also install a copy onto your local PC using something like xampp, winamp or easyphp as your local server
I'm using xampp and it's pretty easy to install. I think I had to change a php.ini file to enable mod rewrite and that's about it, apart from solving the port conflict with my IIS server.
Took a bit of mucking around learning as I didn't know what I was doing (as usual) but now that I have it, it's brilliant to have a local install to break.

Has this been reported as a bug – Or is it a feature?

The team seem to have deliberately turned off the right column and extended the centre column from 563px to 730px but I can see no reason for this?

Regards

Ken