500 error help

Hi,

New to all this but we changed to a VPS server from shared and all of the sudden I am getting this error when purchasing a membership to the site.

I deleted the htaccess file and regenerated it and also generated new friendly urls.

The url shows the following

the membership is trying to go to this link

but if it goes to this  link it works

I did reach out to them and they were not much help.

The strange this is that Friday it was working, then Monday got the error again. regenerated the htaccess file and worked again, then Yesterday morning same thing.

This time regenerating did not work

• 1 month later...

Hi , I got error 500 as well, all of a sudden while adding new products to my site, the error reporting page show the following:

Fatal Error:Class Tools not found in /home/www/prestashop/config/config.inc.php on line 65

What is wrong? I can't access my page or my back office, it's very frustrating that I seriously considering some other shopping cart if I can't find an answer and fix this problem by tomorrow.

I need to know why this happen, because I just have around 300 to 500 items (more like 300) but if there is a limitation on a number of products then I should be made aware of before this non sense.

Are you sure nobody erased the class?
First, clear this file: cache/class_index.php

just erase it. If the error persists, navigate to classes/ and see if Tools is there. Or actually do this first. If not, grab it out of a clean package of your prestashop version

No I didn't erase class but I do use presta shop cleaner once in a while to "FIX" and clean the database but in this case I was just adding products, and I checked and cache is there but when I open the folder there is no class_index.php

I have index.php by it's self and some other cache.php and others but not class, unless I have to look somewhere else for it. Oh and under class there is tools.php

So which files are safe for me to upload and replace to try to fix this problem?

And...

Was this caused by having to many inventory items (about 300 and counting) or to many subcategories?

I found out my problem was a setting in the agile membership module and how the memberships were created.

I have had the 500 error many times while developing this but regenerating the .htaccess file many times fixed the problems after I had made so many changes.