[SOLVED] Another transfer problem |500 ERROR |

Hello. I'm building and configuring prestashop for someone. I did this all on my own hosting, but since he wants to open up early May, it's time to transfer it to his hosting and his domain. 

I followed to exact same steps as instructed here. All I get is an error page. 

This is what it reads exactly: 

Server Error
500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

For some reason my prefix is BR, and that was already configured right in the settings file. I already deleted the .htaccess file. Since I move it from hisdomain.mydomain.nl to hisdomain.co.uk I changed the two values in the BR_configuration file with myPHPadmin. 

After reading all the threads here for hours about this problem, I kinda ran out of fixes and solutions.

A little side-note, I didn't have any FTP access when we rented the hosting, so Fasthosts fixed this, could this be another error by them?

I really hope someone could help us out and make the super tight deadline. Much appreciated.

Thanks

Steven

Edited by Souris (see edit history)

Please enable PrestaShop debug mode to get underlying 500 error

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

Note: if you have never run a ps on this hosting I suggest doing a 'fresh' install so that the ps installation can check server compatibility, this can save loads of debug of moving a shop.

Thank you for your quick answer El Patron. Weird thing is, I already tried to enable the error message. No effect what so ever. 

First piece of my config file:

27 -> 45: 

/* Debug only */
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
if (_PS_MODE_DEV_)
{
	@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');	
	define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);
	/* Compatibility warning */
	define('_PS_DISPLAY_COMPATIBILITY_WARNING_', true);
}
else
{
	@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');
	define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);
	/* Compatibility warning */
	define('_PS_DISPLAY_COMPATIBILITY_WARNING_', false);
}

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);
define('_PS_MODE_DEMO_', false);

So that should be OK. I already deleted cache, tried different PC's. Same '500 Error page' comes up. 

I will try to upload a fresh version in the next couple of hours.

I would do a fresh install on that hosting.  Let ps tell you what if any comparability issue.  it's 30 minutes well spent. :)  

also look at your hosting error log, some errors like 'mod_security' and when apache won't display these on the screen.  For windows (which seems to be your server, just a guess).

also make sure to delete your old .htaccess file and if this is windows server you will need to make adjustments as .htaccess is not supported.

So I got every deleted again, and uploaded a fresh version. Everything went smooth, database passed and installed without a problem.

Therefore I can more or less conclude that the error can not be with the provider. 

So far we didn't add any products or any content. I just worked on confuguring a LeoTheme theme. Maybe that gives me a chance just to copy the 'skin' and go with the database I just successfully created?

-- edit

Now, the weird thing is though. I get the exact same 500 error at the Front Office, but when I head over to my BO everything looks to be normal.. 

Edited by Souris (see edit history)

'sometimes' it's an issue of group ownership, but I am starting to feel this is running on a non-apache server so then I really get in way over my pay grade.

try this, (assuming still have the test installation) turn on friendly url's and  see if that front office still works.

if this is a windows  server then you would need to change .htaccess to file and format compatible with that server.

Thank you all your quick answers and solutions. I had some long phone calls to the provider this afternoon.

Turns out that their servers aren't configured for anything. So a few days ago they fixed the FTP permissions -

and this afternoon they changed the server-OS from Windows to Linux (which I wasn't able to do because of faulty codes or something) and fixed everything!

With my own provider I never had problems with hosting or domains or whatever. And sure, it's partly my lack of knowledge, but I think Fasthosts delivers very badly configured servers so far. Fortunately their customer service is superb! 

Once again, thank you very much for all your help. 

• Like 1