Can we add a custom input field to a product?

Hi,

I would like to add a custom field to a product.

I have come across and bought a module which helps to add custom fields to a product, but is placed at the Customization tab of the products.

Can we add a field up where you select the amount and combination? Please see attached image.

thank you

any help would be appreciated.

post-959616-0-34682500-1429853820_thumb.jpg

thanks for the reply.

these customization fields show up in a tab "Customization" and not up above like in the screenshot I have attached in my previous post.

I need to allow the customer to input a desired value to customize a product width

Edited by roubos (see edit history)

I cannot believe that nothing like this has been done before. And that there is no module available that could do this.

I mean it's a store, so it only makes sense that there might be a need for customizing product attributes.

I could have the customization under the customize tab, but that tab does not show up when you quick view a product. And it is not right up there with the combination selection is.

Hello,

Please check our module on Addons plateform, it's a new module and I hope it responds to your shop requirements

We tried to implement a function where clients can enter various values and get the product cost dynamically

Thanks

This module looks nice. Will it work with other combinations we already have in place like color?

What's the installation like? Will it change any core files?

Edited by roubos (see edit history)

Hello,

The module works fine with other PrestaShop combinations and it overrides the Product class (it modifies some product functions like the customization and the price)

Here's a screenshot of how the cart looks like (attached image)

The module data is displayed as a customization while the PrestaShop attribute are displayed normally

post-369615-0-67303700-1430130680_thumb.png

Edited by Tuni-Soft (see edit history)

What did go through the demo site, can a product have an initial price? I don't want the price to change per mm/cm , but rather a range.

For example, can we have a standard size table with a price for width 150-300mm and price change from 301-40mm. So two different prices.

Also I feel funny about the way the product is displayed $0, and customization having the full price. 

Need a default price on a product that might or might not change based on customization

• Like 1

Hello,

I appreciate your feedback on the module

To work with ranges/intervals you can use conditions in the formula like so:

assuming you have a "width" field, and two unit prices, "unit_price1", "unit_price2", here's the formula:

([width] >= 150 & [width] <= 300) * [unit_price1] + ([width] >= 301 & [width] <= 400) * [unit_price2]

A simpler way is to use a calculator file like this:

if ($width >= 150 AND $width <=300)
	{
		/* price 1 */
		$result = 100;
	}
	elseif($width >= 301 AND $width <= 400)
	{
		/* price 2 */
		$result = 120;
	}

As for the cart price, we followed that method to ensure compatibility with the PayPal payment module and other payment modules which require evey cost to have an independant line but we will try to improve it so it makes more sense 

Thank you

• 11 months later...

I would love to know how not to use combinations to add a few drop down product options.

If I use the combinations generator, 10 attributes with values have over 20,000,000 combinations. 

Prestashop doesn't have simple product drop downs?