PayPal API inserting code in customer messages

sm3004

When customers order from my site and pay with Paypal API, I get a copy of some code returned from Paypal that is displayed in the customer messages:

Making new connection to 'api-3t.paypal.com/nvp' Connect with CURL method sucessfull Sending this params: METHOD=DoExpressCheckoutPayment&VERSION=53.0&PWD=86WGCYE9BY&USER=sales_api1.aboutagirl.com.au&SIGNATURE=AWX8wp34w7AL

[.........]

CORRELATIONID -> 192f4da2b193 ACK -> Success VERSION -> 53.0 BUILD -> 1179072 TRANSACTIONID -> 1M250933674716134 TRANSACTIONTYPE -> expresscheckout PAYMENTTYPE -> instant ORDERTIME -> 2010-02-09T06:06:28Z AMT -> 87.73 FEEAMT -> 3.28 TAXAMT -> 0.00 CURRENCYCODE -> AUD PAYMENTSTATUS -> Completed PENDINGREASON -> None REASONCODE -> None Order finished with PayPal!

How do I prevent it from being inserted in the customer messages which also are displayed in the email I get registering an order...?

Maybe an image will help.

So when people order from paypal, i get an email using the Mail Alerts Module stating that I have received an order. I have my message manager set up to automatically print all emails that are new orders, but unfortunately the orders payed through PayPal all include a ton of code that makes the printouts stretch across the page leaving out the price, quantity, vouchers and totals and as a result, half the order is missing on the printed email.

18576_A9JCtdZWcfWLEYzTlsZR_t

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Same here!

First order and everything went ok but I have this code message from PayPal.

Is this sent to the customer, or just shows up in the back office under customer messages?

Can it be eliminated somehow with a setting in PayPal?
Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I have the same issue. Is there a fix?

Yes, there is.
Edit the file "paypalapi.php" in your "/modules/paypalapi/" folder. Look for "htmlentities", as in the following lines:
353                 // Making log 
354                 $id_transaction = strval($result['TRANSACTIONID']);
355                 $this->_logs[] = $this->l('Order finished with PayPal!');
356 //              $message = Tools::htmlentitiesUTF8(strip_tags(implode("\n", $this->_logs)));
357                 $message = Tools::htmlentitiesUTF8(strip_tags($id_transaction));

Line 356 in this example is the original line; it pastes the whole communications-log into the message. I made a copy of that line, uncommented it, and edited the new line to look like line 357. All I have in the message now is the transaction id.
The downside of this simple solution is of course, that you don't get the error-code, if anything went wrong. On the other hand, if anything did really go wrong, you should never get the new-order-mail anyway, I think.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi LerryGeorge,

I don't understand what your problem is.

This message is only readable by the merchant (not the customer) and it is only here to have a backtrace from your PayPal paiement (it helps the day you'll have a problem with the module).

What is your problem exactly ? What do you mean by using this e-mail "to book a packing slip" or by "at the basal there is added accent" ?

Best regards,

• 1 month later...

The problem is some merchant rely on the customer message section to get the correct information from the customer as when they need to ship or order their products.

Now Martech solution stops showing the logs on the customer message completely and by doing that also stops showing any customer message. It's not a permanent solution.

• 2 weeks later...

@budsaipan It's just some log about the PayPal transaction, I don't understand why it bother you so much.

@C@Miltec The customer does NOT receive this message. I think you're refering to another problem. If you stop to use PayPal API and you still have a mail sent to customer with log, it is the proof that it not the PayPal API module which is doing that

Could you forward me one of this e-mail that your customer received (not on of you received as a merchant) ?

A lot of merchants are using this module without complaining about the log.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, it's not in the emails to the customer but on the order confirmation page they are directed to after payment and I believe I am referring to the same issue. I agree the log should be saved somewhere but there is something awry if it still being added to orders when the PayPal api has been removed, not necessarily in the PayPal api then but perhaps Prestashop? It is happening in my shop using version 1.4.0.17 but not on the shop using version 1.4.3 so that may fix it, If I update the second shop any time soon I'll post if it solves it.