Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection timed out

kishoreunni

Hai everyone 

can anyone please tell me what is the error associated with the above message?

i passed the prestashop files from local site to remote site using filezilla. And i used openshift for hoisting my site.

changed the 

'_DB_SERVER_',
'_DB_NAME_',
'_DB_USER_',
'_DB_PASSWD_'

inside the settings.inc.php inside config folder.

but nothing changes.

please help me.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by kishoreunni (see edit history)

The error message says: the shop cannot connect to your database, it takes to much time for to verify credentials. Seems that credentials are not correct ? You should verify if the credentials of your new database. do correspond to the credentials added to /config/settings.inc.php

when i store _DB_SERVER_ as [email protected]

it shows 

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

and also when i store xxxxxxxxx-xxx.xx.com

it shows

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

when i store localhost or localhost:port no

it shows

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

rest of them password,username,and dbname are correct. 

please help me

Edited by kishoreunni (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Buenas me gustaría saber como solucionaron este tema, en mi caso me da el error:

Pero al ir a consultar el fichero setting.inc.php me sale vacio, solo con lo siguiente:

<?php

//@deprecated 1.7

¿Alguna ayuda plis...?

Gracias,

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm here because I update my php version from php 5 to php56. If you have admin right you can log into root and look for /etc/hosts. This file controls the location of localhost. I opened settings.inc.php and changed this define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost:3306'); to reference define('_DB_SERVER_', '127.0.0.1'); and now my website works!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

for prestashop 1.7.2.4, i moved by code from windows10 to production server, i did all required changes, parameters.php, database table changes like shop_url etc. still i got error while login in to admin panel, database access denied for username root@localhost, this was not even the setting on the server. and website was not accessible.

Only thing worked for me was giving write permission on app/cache folder on the server.