Changing from Prestashop Cloud to Prestashop self-hosting

opankova

Question

I started my Prestashop Cloud store  and purchased a new Template from addons.prestashop.

Nothing else has been done yet, so I am at the very beginning.

My question is - can I change to Prestashop self-hosting at this moment, and retain the same domain name and the new Template? Or do I need to start all over again?  :( 

4 answers to this question

Thank you for the answer, I have read the forum before, my question is not exactly about migrating the whole store in the future from Cloud to Self-hosting.

There is zero information in my store yet, I am at the very beginning of building it.

My question was:

1) Can I keep/transfer the domain name that I have paid for, to the new store, that will be Prestashop Self-hosting?

2) Can I use the new Template that I purchased (and have not been able to install to Cloud) and download it to the new store, that will be Prestashop Self-hosting?

Thank you very much in advance, it will be very helpful to know.

1) yes of course, you only should add the domain to your Cloud-Shop-Settings and it is done. Nothing changes on your domain. Prestashop takes care for the rewriting of your domain to their servers.

2) Not if you don't bought it at Prestashop add-on-shop. In future you are not able to move anything to self hosting server, cause you don't have full access to your FTP on Prestashop Cloud and also not to your database. Database you can back-up from back-office of the shop and download for to move to another server, but not your complete FTP, which is necessary to host on another server.