Can I move in the FUTURE from Cloud to an external Hosting?

godiego

Question

Hi,

I was looking for a web service where I can launch an online version of my store. And after all, I decided to use PrestaShop. And I think that the Cloud service is a good choice, but I don't know too much about Cloud and I just want to know, if in case that Cloud doesn't work as I expected, can I move my online store to an external Hosting? I mean, in that case, can I get access to source code?

If someone can answer me that question, I'll appreciate that. Thanks guys!

63 answers to this question

I don't think so, cause it is not possible to export the whole FTP. You have only rights for to access to some released folders on your FTP. I had the cloud for test purposes about 1 year ago, I don't know if there is any possibility to export the whole FTP yet. Please check on your cloud account, if there is one. The database you can back.up and save to you local machine, but from I have in mind not the FTP. If this is not possible, so you are not able to move your project to another server.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Really?? What a pity. The problem is that I don't know how Cloud will work in future, I mean, maybe in future my store could have a big traffic (I hope that) and I don't know if Cloud will manage that traffic in a good way, nobody knows the real capability of Cloud. And in case that in future I'm not happy with Cloud's performance (for example too slow) obviously I'll try to move to an external Hosting, and not having the possibility to access to database, img directories, etc. is something to keep in mind.  :(

Anyway, thanks 

Edited by godiego (see edit history)

I confirm it is not possible I was one the very first users of the cloud. I actually started on the beta version and there has been plenty of bugs and configuration problem. I decided to leave the cloud so got a host and a new domain as I had no support at all from Pretashop. I had to rebuild my shop on the new host and advised Prestashop of my decision. Then they decided that they would sort out my different problems, when they realised that I was going to stop using the cloud and they did something in the background which made my site looked better.

On the cloud you cannot access the php admin so cannot do any amendment on the sql database itself. So if something goes wrong you are stuck. 

At the end of January something happened - must have been an update and I lost all the configuration of the payment module. I had a beautiful site but my client could not complete the order and move the payment stage as the payment module just disappeared. Believe me I did not disable them. I wonder why I would have done something like that.  I raise the isuse with PS who reminded me that well the cloud was still a beta version so things could go bad and that was it. I contacted my payment supplier who must have kicked up a fuss as suddenly the different payment modules could be configured again. Prestashop support team actually configured some payment modules that I did not want to use... But I eventually managed to get everysorted. 

But now 2 weeks later I am back to square one, tonight I have realised that the payment modules have again disappeared and I missed 2 sales with abandoned carts. I have tried to reconfigure my payment module and the system crashes. I have been in and out of the system several times and I now cannot even access the back office, and as with the cloud you cannot access phpmy admin I am really stuck as I cannot do anything on my website. 

This is the message I have when I try to access my back office.

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User pfr0113411 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

I have raised a ticket and I wonder how long it's going to take the support team to come back to me - sometimes it has taken several days.

This problem has been going on an off since the end of September.

I wish I had not chosen the cloud solution as I would have now a website more reliable, which would perform well and I think that I would earn more money than now. I did not use the Ps version which was not on the cloud so I believe that the lack of reliability and performance my site has would have not occured on a different hosting environment. I am still using the cloud as I don't want to loose all my google referencing.  I tried to switch host in Dec but ended with an out of service website for 48 hours so I went back to the cloud as PS support team decided to sort out my problems. 

If you are happy with your host and your website stick to it. There is nothing more frustrating when things go wrong and you cannot resolve them yourself. No access phpmyadmin means that you are stuck. 

Hope this feedback will be useful to you and preventing you from making a big mistake

• Like 5

I confirm it is not possible (...)

(...)

If you are happy with your host and your website stick to it. There is nothing more frustrating when things go wrong and you cannot resolve them yourself. No access phpmyadmin means that you are stuck. 

Hope this feedback will be useful to you and preventing you from making a big mistake

Hey, thanks for your comment. I was looking for help and for people who have had an experience with the Cloud service, and all that you told is really usefull for me. I'm not a programmer nor an expert, and that was the reason because I was thinking on the Cloud service. But now I know that Cloud isn't a possibility, so I must learn something about web managing and obviously programming.  :(

Have a good one guys

Well for this reason it is free... If you need freedom on your project you should buy a hosting package for to host you project. Open source is coupled to software, but not to hardware.

Exactly, but anyway I would pay for getting access to the source in case that in future I decide to move to an external hosting. But that is not an option today.  :(

Although I must say that I declined to use Cloud not only by the impossibility to move to an external hosting, but also because of many comments saying that Cloud doesn't work really good, with many bugs and problems.

After all, I need something that works

You are mixing some things. Source code of open source software is free and you don't need to pay nothing for it. You can use it for free and also can change the code. We are speaking here from a software.

The Prestashop cloud is a FREE HOSTING SERVICE and has nothing to do with open source. And no, there is no possibility to pay for this service, it is a free hosting service. If you want to have freedom to make large changes on the source code or have access to full FTP and database, you will need to contract a professional provider service. On the Prestashop cloud you have only a restricted access to your FTP and no access to database with phpMyAdmin. Software is pre-installed and you can adapt the software only on that it is allowed, (so very restricted) and in 99% only with the tools offered natively on the back-office of your onlinestore.

You are not able to move your store to another (paid) hosting. Not yet.

I suggest, if you want to have freedom and total access to FTP and database through phpMyAdmin, search for a professional hosting provider. Prestashop Cloud is not the choice for you in this case.

with the tools that are available at the moment i it's not possible. no access to database, no access to img directories etc.

:(

Sorry but this is not true at all - ftp access means you have access to everything, it is just a matter of a pretty simple script to make a full recovery

I would say the opposite. With what is available at the moment it is quite possible to move from prestaCloud to something else, but this may or not change based on terms of use or other evolution that may or may not happend

Sorry but this is not true at all - ftp access means you have access to everything, it is just a matter of a pretty simple script to make a full recovery

I would say the opposite. With what is available at the moment it is quite possible to move from prestaCloud to something else, but this may or not change based on terms of use or other evolution that may or may not happend

read my post once again, and then edit your post. i think that you never checked cloud ftp.

@ doekia - You don't have access to your whole FTP. Take a look into the official docu and the attached screen from what I can access (it's taken from my developer Prestashop cloud account, so actual).

How did you backed-up your FTP if you dont' have access to the whole FTP ? Please show us your FTP access to the Prestashop cloud, perhaps you have another account ? Or are you talking about a cloud hosting service everywhere ?

DB, as I told before, you can back-up from the back-office and download the zip to your local machine, but no back-up possible for whole FTP on Prestashop Cloud servers.

post-741527-0-65956000-1423818390_thumb.jpg

post-741527-0-44607400-1423818781_thumb.jpg

Sorry I cannot go further in the how. I have the same FTP access as anyone - no magic - no special privs

The main purpose of the cloud is to provide a nest for a Prestashop instance to people having little to no knowlege.

If I'll be explaining the "how" that will be as opening the Pandora box. People tweaking thing they should not so to speak.

But to answer the initial question, yes it is possible now, would it still be possible later on is unknown and subject to evolve.

Edited by doekia (see edit history)

Quickly getting back to milleetunesoies:

none of my payment modules are working.

This, and many other things you did on your store, explains why you are frustrated. You literally installed every free module you could get your hand on, you even activated multistore although you only have one.

We tried to follow your setting up of the store since you first started it, but as you kept installing modules on top of other modules we lost track and couldn't help you anymore. I tried to check out with an item from your store just now and it didn't work :(

I truly recommend you have a PrestaShop expert take a look at your store to make it right again. It can be someone from the Community or someone from our support team. In any case, you should have a PrestaShop professional undo a thing or two and make your store functional again.

• Like 1

You are mixing some things. Source code of open source software is free and you don't need to pay nothing for it. You can use it for free and also can change the code. We are speaking here from a software.

(...)

I suggest, if you want to have freedom and total access to FTP and database through phpMyAdmin, search for a professional hosting provider. Prestashop Cloud is not the choice for you in this case.

Thanks for your suggestion, and yes, maybe I mixed some things and sorry for that. Actually I'm not an expert, therefore I was looking for an easy way to open an online shop. I'm just worried about what happend if Cloud doesn't have a good performance. I have heard many problems about Cloud, so if that happended to me, I would be in the opinion of hiring an external Hosting, and after all these comments I know that if I move to an external Hosting, I have to start again from the beginning. (I don't know how "doekia" had no problem on moving to an external Hosting)

If anyone had tried Cloud I'd be very grateful to hear your experiences and comments

Consider this, assuming you have little to no knowlege (I mean no offence by such statement).

Just grab some supplier with the right competencies (freelance,service company, prestateam, ... name it),

they can migrate your actual stuff to a separated hosting if that is your choice or help you fix the issue.

Obviously this imply a cost but a dead-beef shop deserves no purpose.

If you go for a separated hosting, please refrain those cheap one's,

they lack running e-commerce solution properly and the solution been your showcase,

better provide a satisfacting user experience to your audience.

Edited by doekia (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi,

Sorry to post here, hope this topic is still of interest. Also, English is not my first language, so I apologize if some words or sentences are incorrect.

I have a cloud store, and need to get it to an external hosting. Not able to do it myself, i just need to know if what a webmaster tells me is true.

I would pay him to "copy" the original cloud website to a hosted one. Products, categories, addons (all paid ones), but also customer accounts with sign in data (passwords included) and previous orders. I use the original Prestashop theme. 

What do you think can I honestly believe this is possible, and customers will not have trouble with access to their accounts ?

Thank you for your answers.

As written before. You cannot move nothing by yourself. You need to buy Prestashop paid services to migrate your shop from Prestashop Cloud to self hosted space. They will migrate your shop completely 1:1, but it is as said a paid service.

You can buy ticket here: http://addons.prestashop.com/de/search.php?id_category=0&search_query=prestashop+cloud

As written before, not true

No offence, but you never revealed how you did it, so please don't make others loose their time in affirming it is possible. If yes, so please show us how you did it step by step for noobies, for free and no scientific knowledge of "how to hack" a server. The only and legal way for migration is to contract Prestashop paid services.

No I can't. It is not a matter of possible or willing, it is a matter of Term Of Uses.

I did it, I have prooved it by giving an entire archive of the never published 1.6.0.10 that what running in January 2015.

I cannot do more since again Term of Uses prohibit this.

But trust me (or not) it is a matter of minute thinking to figure out how-to.

It is not in any way hacking a server as you think. It is just plain regular use of the system. No backdoor, no trojan, no viruses.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thank you all for your answers. I suppose in my case it is safer to ask Prestashop to do the change from cloud to the download version. I can not take any risks just to save a couple of euros, and honestly (I may get shot for saying this, lol) it is not that expensive really compared to what some webmasters ask me for the same job.

Thanks again.

Tom

Hi,

Thank you all for your answers. I suppose in my case it is safer to ask Prestashop to do the change from cloud to the download version. I can not take any risks just to save a couple of euros, and honestly (I may get shot for saying this, lol) it is not that expensive really compared to what some webmasters ask me for the same job.

Thanks again.

Tom

That's a good decision and the really only legal way for to migrate your project. Sometimes I would like to have on this forum more user's thinking like you...

Whatever the term says, data are the property of the shop owner, similarly for bought themes and modules.

Hence there is no infringment at all.

The fact that the process is for the purpose of not using the Cloud anymore term of use is out of the scope either.

• Like 2

From what I see this topic is already marked as answered since about one year....

Of course! Each module can access images or database, so it is possible to export data without violating any laws, particularly as this data is your own.

I have several people migrated to an external cloud hosting

No offence, but you never revealed how you did it, so please don't make others loose their time in affirming it is possible. If yes, so please show us how you did it step by step for noobies, for free and no scientific knowledge of "how to hack" a server. The only and legal way for migration is to contract Prestashop paid services.

If possible, so please than reveal how you did.... step by step for noobies, please.

But trust me (or not) it is a matter of minute thinking to figure out how-to.

It is not in any way hacking a server as you think. It is just plain regular use of the system. No backdoor, no trojan, no viruses.

Yes! Just a matter of a minute thinking! Which I can confirm.  :)

I have full access to database and files in my demo cloud store in a totally legal way. Just added three new fields to my product table.

• Like 1

From what I see this topic is already marked as answered since about one year....

If possible, so please than reveal how you did.... step by step for noobies, please.

I have stopped to offer code data free on this forum. It is used, stolen and copied.
PrestaShop charges € 150  € 238,80 ( http://addons.prestashop.com/en/services/19155-migration-ticket-prestashop-cloud-to-prestashop-download-.html ) exporting data. Why should they make money with a jail that they created? Who reads the terms and conditions before setting up his shop in the cloud? 

16. Effect of termination Upon termination of the Service,

PRESTASHOP S.A. shall retain no personal data with regard to the User’s Commercial Website and shall close public access to the Commercial Website beyond ninety (90) days. The User may, in writing, and within ten (10) days of the termination of the Service, request a copy of the database of the Commercial Website and other files regarding the personalisation of his/her store, but only in native format in the computing environment of the Solution. The transfer of a copy of the database is subject to the User paying PRESTASHOP S.A. the costs incurred for this operation at the price indicated by PRESTASHOP S.A.

My service transfers the shops for cheaper (not just an archive of data) and verifies running the store after the transfer.
Edited by Eolia (see edit history)

Yes! Just a matter of a minute thinking! Which I can confirm.  :)

I have full access to database and files in my demo cloud store in a totally legal way. Just added three new fields to my product table.

Sorry, no offence, but how about folder /img ? You don't have access on cloud, neither to the hashstring for the use of your secured copy of database on back-office (this is added to file /config/settings.inc.php - for which you of course don't have access on Prestashop Cloud). In this case a migration is not possible. You can only EXPORT data from database and IMPORT the data on a new install, but not migrate 1:1, which is quite not the same. And in this case loosing your images too.

If there is a simply way, than please again I ask the "Experts" writing here for to reveal step by step how to migrate from Prestashop Cloud to own hosted webspace.

To add new fileds on a database is not really a proof that you are able to migrate your shop by your own. As you know eleazar you can use for own adaptations "overrides" which has nothing to do with the access to your complete FTP by making adaptations on core.

Sorry, no offence, but how about folder /img ? You don't have access on cloud, neither to the hashstring for the use of your secured copy of database on back-office (this is added to file /config/settings.inc.php - for which you of course don't have access on Prestashop Cloud). In this case a migration is not possible. You can only EXPORT data from database and IMPORT the data on a new install, but not migrate 1:1, which is quite not the same. And in this case loosing your images too.

If there is a simply way, than please again I ask the "Experts" writing here for to reveal step by step how to migrate from Prestashop Cloud to own hosted webspace.

To add new fileds on a database is not really a proof that you are able to migrate your shop by your own. As you know eleazar you can use for own adaptations "overrides" which has nothing to do with the access to your complete FTP by making adaptations on core.

Hello,
Give me access to your cloud ftp and I give you an essential backup (database, img, modules, themes) or full (but it is useless).
No adaptation of core need, no modified files, only requests.

Nobody said it was easy, you must have some knowledge, we only said it's possible^^.

Hello,
Give me access to your cloud ftp and I give you an essential backup (database, img, modules, themes) or full (but it is useless).
No adaptation of core need, no modified files, only requests.

Nobody said it was easy, you must have some knowledge, we only said it's possible^^.

Sorry, but I don't need to have it backed-up. It's a model store (native Prestashop). If you want to help others, so you should reveal how too, instead to say only "it is possible". If you can't or don't want, so I again ask you to refrain from instigating others to loose their time and at least money. Cause on either way they have to contract a service (yours or Prestashop's), if you don't reveal step by step how they can migrate their shop by themselves.

It was answered on this post, it was impossible, I say just the opposite and can prove it.

If someone asks you if it is possible to have a payment in 3 times on your shop, you will answer yes also. But there are modules for that. My answer is the same;)

@selectshop.at,

Sorry no offence, but it is not because you don't understand php based web site architecture that whatever we say is wrong.

It is perfectly doable and rather than dismissing our claims, better ask PrestaShop why such a price to perform a 2 clicks backup operation. Because if it take us 1/2 an hour to perform the entire backup with no more than regular Cloud access it is a matter of seconds for whom operates the platform.

@selectshop.at,

Sorry no offence, but it is not because you don't understand php based web site architecture that whatever we say is wrong.

It is perfectly doable and rather than dismissing our claims, better ask PrestaShop why such a price to perform a 2 clicks backup operation. Because if it take us 1/2 an hour to perform the entire backup with no more than regular Cloud access it is a matter of seconds for whom operates the platform.

So if you don't want to reveal the how to for free and for the community, than it would be a nice thing from you to contact the user Tom de Roover and move his Prestashop Cloud FOR FREE.

All other possibilities, are not under discussion anymore, cause both of you (you and also Eolia) are not ready for to reveal the how to or divulge the secret behind. And let me say one last thing: of course as formed IT-Technician I understand php based website architecture (and know als the ftp_x commands and possibilities, for which I'm still of the opinion that this is not really a legal way). ^_^

@selectshop.at

No offense, Conny, but it's neither fair nor respectful when a moderator suspects in public commendable members of the community of using illegal methods, although they emphasized several times that this in fact is not true.

And btw, what a 'formed IT-Technician' like you sees when using FTP on your cloud shop is just the directory and file structure of the subfolder /ftp of your root dir. The folder /img is part of the above directory which starts alphabetically with the folder backoffice. ;)

Doekia has made it clear why he refuses to publicly explain his method:

No I can't. It is not a matter of possible or willing, it is a matter of Term Of Uses.

I cannot do more since again Term of Uses prohibit this.

And in my view this is totally ok. So please stop it! Don't force these guys any longer to violate the Terms of Use of PrestaShop cloud.

To make it short. Please read terms of Use for Prestashop Cloud, especially the termination terms and the effect of termination at Clause 8.1, 15 and 16. It is not legal to transfer your shop by your own without prior notification of Prestashop and payment of the stipulated prices for this operation.

Link to the Terms of use: https://www.prestashop.com/cloud/cgu/cgu-PrestaShop-Cloud_en.pdf

The User may, in writing, and within ten (10) days of the termination of the Service, request a copy of the database of the Commercial Website and other files regarding the personalisation of his/her store, but only in native format in the computing environment of the Solution. The transfer of a copy of the database is subject to the User paying PRESTASHOP S.A. the costs incurred for this operation at the price indicated by PRESTASHOP S.A.

@selectshop.at

No offense, Conny, but it's neither fair nor respectful when a moderator suspects in public commendable members of the community of using illegal methods, although they emphasized several times that this in fact is not true.

Sorry, but I don't know what your are talking about. They never revealed how (the method) they are migrating their own customer's Cloud projects to self hosted. But it is a matter of  fact that the service both are offering is not a legal one. Read carefully the terms of service I linked before.

The transfer of a copy of the database is subject to the User paying PRESTASHOP S.A. the costs incurred for this operation at the price indicated by PRESTASHOP S.A.

From what I know neither doekia, nor eolia are members of Prestashop Team, or in any relation of Prestashop. They are simply users as I and you. And please don't try again to damage my status as mod, by highlighting it. This same situation we already had some time ago. 2 years ago ?

In France it is easy to ask a backup data without paying .
Because for me Terms of use containing black clauses.

It's the same when prestashop say u can't change e-mail adresse.
Nevertheless he change mine.

In France you have other terms of use ??? If not, I cannot see any black clause on these terms and BTW this is something what the Prestashop Legal Department has to clean/clear.

To make it short. Please read terms of Use for Prestashop Cloud, especially the termination terms and the effect of termination at Clause 8.1, 15 and 16. It is not legal to transfer your shop by your own without prior notification of Prestashop and payment of the stipulated prices for this operation.

Link to the Terms of use: https://www.prestashop.com/cloud/cgu/cgu-PrestaShop-Cloud_en.pdf

The User may, in writing, and within ten (10) days of the termination of the Service, request a copy of the database of the Commercial Website and other files regarding the personalisation of his/her store, but only in native format in the computing environment of the Solution. The transfer of a copy of the database is subject to the User paying PRESTASHOP S.A. the costs incurred for this operation at the price indicated by PRESTASHOP S.A.

"The user may" it's not an obligation, so if he requests a copy realized by Prestashop SA, this service is paying, normal. But the user is free to save his personal data. It's my opinion :)

I await the opinion of the legal services of PrestaShop about it.

"The user may" it's not an obligation, so if he requests a copy realized by Prestashop SA, this service is paying, normal. But the user is free to save his personal data. It's my opinion :)

I await the opinion of the legal services of PrestaShop about it.

The may stands for: he can or not. Maybe he don't want to have his shop anywhere and he is cancelling the service due to bad selling. But this does not take any effect on the rest of the clause that only Prestashop is allowed to make a copy of and other files regarding the personalisation of his/her store.....

What each user can do is to through back-office make a copy of database by himself on the back-office, which does not include a copy of the FTP and hidden folders there for to migrate his shop.

No we have DGCCRF :)

??? Please translate

In France, but in many if not all countries (Germany not been an exception BTW) commercial Terms Of Use going against the law are simply illegal and therefore considered as if they where not even written, nor agreed.

- This include personal information such as email address, name, address... that upon request you can get full copy of and be able to get them changed at will (including deleted) all for free.

DGCCRF (not quite the correct organism for such dispute) is the French bureau ensuring respect of the various commerce law.

What okom3pom is trying to express is that probably sealing business owned data by a third party with no mecanism to get the owner to backup them up is probably illegal as per the law.

What each user can do is to through back-office make a copy of database by himself on the back-office,...

I guess that is exactly the key-point since, this database backup is not exactly present within the cloud.

You can backup for a future restoration on the same Cloud instance. Full stop.

And you cannot even "per design" collect this backup

Hi again,

Back to the original subject, if people are still interested, as I had Prestashop migrate my website from cloud to hosted. A couple of points and remarks that could be of interest.

• Your shop is not online for more than just a couple of hours. 2 days in my case. In fact, when prestshop indicates the shop will be migrated in 5 days, please understand that may mean, it can take up to 5 days of work (no sales).
  • Even if all extensions come from the official prestashop addons store, and work under cloud, they can create problems in the hosted version. Then techs from prestashop addons need to sort it out. I'm still trying to get it sorted.
  • If you are not familiar with all the hosting things, FTP's, SQL and whatever strange things prestashop is going to talk about, GET HELP FROM SOMEBODY WHO DOES KNOW IT. Or you end up like me, trying to help somebody with a request sounding familiar, just as chinese to me.

So this is my little experience so far. Enjoy, and no jokes about my technical inabilities (or my english) please.

Hi,

sorry but after reading all the answer I don't know if it's possible to move a Cloud to self hosting without paying 199€: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/services/19155-migration-ticket-prestashop-cloud-to-prestashop-download-.html.

So, it's possible? How to ask them?

Thanks,

Jose.

As you can read on topics before: NOT FOR FREE. Nobody is doing this service for free. You have to pay something (For Prestashop or for the ones here doing the service for you).

• Like 1

Hello,

I want to say first: it is an great option to run the shop in the prestashop cloud. Pretty good service, fast speed, high availability - thumbs up for each employee at prestashop.

Here my steps to backup the cloud files. No hacking! It only be downloaded freely available files.

The easy part - Database backup

proceed in Prestashop backoffice a database backup, download and extract the sql.bz2 file (eg 7-zip). Open your SQL file in editor like notepad++ 

The hard parts - Image backup

As you know - your images are stored in the folder /img. You can access the folder by yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/, but nothing to see here  B)

Product images (/p)

Each product image are stored by an ID and saved in 7 variants:

ID.jpg

ID-cart_default.jpg

ID-home_default.jpg

ID-large_default.jpg

ID-medium_default.jpg

ID-small_default.jpg

ID-thickbox_default.jpg

You need the first and the last ID from your database backup. Search in editor for "INSERT INTO `ps_image_shop` VALUES"

For example:

INSERT INTO `ps_image_shop` VALUES

('9','25','1','1'),

('307','595','1','1'),

/* Scheme for table ps_image_type */

Your first is: 25, last is 595.

The folder structure for images is img/p/[first number of ID]/[second number of ID]/ID.jpg and so on

Your can try it: yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/p/2/5/25.jpg

To save all variants from example ID 25 you have to get:

yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/p/2/5/25.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/p/2/5/25-cart_default.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/p/2/5/25-home_default.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/p/2/5/25-large_default.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/p/2/5/25-medium_default.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/p/2/5/25-small_default.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/p/2/5/25-thickbox_default.jpg

Up to example ID 595:
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/p/5/9/5/595.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/p/5/9/5/595-cart_default.jpg

You have to be creative to create to file list (Excel, powershell, bash) and also for the way to save it as (winwget, wget, by hand..)

Make sure that the files are stored locally in the same folder structure - like a MIRROR! (img/c/5/9/5/595.jpg)

Category images (/c)

Each category image are stored by an ID and saved in 3 variants:

CID.jpg

CID-category_default.jpg

CID-medium_default.jpg

You need the first and the last CID from your database backup. Search in editor for "INSERT INTO `ps_category` VALUES"

For example:

INSERT INTO `ps_category` VALUES
('12','2','1','2','31','32','1','
('27','14','1','3','8','9','1','20
/* Scheme for table ps_category_group */

Your first is: 12, last is 27. 

The folder structure for images is img/c/CID.jpg.

Your can try it: yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/c/12.jpg

To save all variants from example CID 12 you have to get:

yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/c/12.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/c/12-category_default.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/c/12-medium_default.jpg

Manufacturer images (/m)

Each manufacturer image are stored by an ID and saved in 4 variants:

MID.jpg

MID-large_default.jpg

MID-medium_default.jpg

MID-small_default.jpg

You need the first and the last CID from your database backup. Search in editor for "INSERT INTO `ps_manufacturer` VALUES"

For example:

INSERT INTO `ps_manufacturer` VALUES
('12','Pr....
('19','H...
/* Scheme for table ps_manufacturer_lang */

Your first is: 12, last is 19. 

The folder structure for images is img/m/MID.jpg. 

Your can try it: yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/m/12.jpg

To save all variants from example MID 12 you have to get:

yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/m/12.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/m/12-large_default.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/m/12-medium_default.jpg
yourshop.pswebshop.com/img/m/12-small_default.jpg

I hope it is helpful to backup your data.

Christian
Edited by schickard (see edit history)

can you provide details of what kind of a hosting one should look for to run prestashop, i mean minimum configration so that you shop runs with good speed when traffic is good. Also search Index works, as I have been advised that it eats lot of server resources.

Hi,

If I start a new Prestashop from beginning and don't choose Cloud but other hosting, is it possible to export products, customers, theme or paid modules from old shop and import to new one? If it is, how it is done?

I mean instead of migrating 100% of the shop from the Cloud to a new host, exporting and importing only most part of it.

Jukka

I think now it is impossible to make complete copy. Now when we loggin to FTP we see folders: modules, override, themes, config, but this is not in root folder they are in public_html/ftp/ if somebody can get to public_html he can see all folder, like I did. But still when I open setting.inc.php from direction public_html/config not from public_html/ftp/config the file is empty, it size is 761b but can't see code. Could somebody tell me it is now impossible to get cookie key from cloud?

@Eolia like I said I have some tools to see root catalog, and all other catalog. I can see and edit some file, but not all, for example file setting.inc.php when I open it is empty but it size tell me it isn't empty. I can't upload to some directory file to make *zip. I have access to one of two htaccess files. All I need is cookie key everything else I can get.

This exactly reflect the point. Your tool is not good, and will lead you to just putting the mess within your cloud instance. Hence the reason of the term within the conditions and the fact that we don't want to make any tuto that people with few to no knowlege will try to apply. The net result will be playing russian roulette with an automatic