Installation blocked at step 3 (version 1.2.5)

Not sure to understand what's happening during the installation process as in step 3 when I enter my gmail address to test the 'send email' functionnality, I don't get anything at all and I can even go to step 4!
Do you know where this could come from (ie the fact that the email function doesn't seem to work)?
I've an Apache 2.2 server and Mysql 5.0

Any suggestions more than welcome, I'm really stuck here.

Thanks

Harvey I tried again: deleted the prestashop database, launched install again.
At step 2, everything is fine.
At step 3, connection to DB is working fine.
I don't specify any email address and don't try to test the email function.
Click on 'next', installation is progressing fine it seems, the tables are created but nothing then happen and I can't go to step 4.

Will really appreciate any kind of help / advise on this.

Thank you.

i am having thesame problem with bejamin pls it stuck by step 3 i can proceed . i install 1.2.5 i think i really need help as soon as possible, i want to install it on my local host sever yet. thanks anybody that can help on this issue should pls help.

There is a known issue where installation freezes if your email settings are incorrect. You can work around it by unchecking "Receive notifications by e-mail". This will allow Prestashop to install correctly, but if you don't enter working email settings, Prestashop will not be able to send emails.

Hi Rocky,

I encountered the same problem as Benjamin,

"At step 3, connection to DB is working fine.
I don’t specify any email address and don’t try to test the email function.
Click on ‘next’, installation is progressing fine it seems, the tables are created but nothing then happen and I can’t go to step 4."

Will really appreciate any kind of help / advise on this

I can't even go to Step 4.

thanks

"At step 3, connection to DB is working fine.
I don’t specify any email address and don’t try to test the email function.
Click on ‘next’, installation is progressing fine it seems, the tables are created but nothing then happen and I can’t go to step 4."

Will really appreciate any kind of help / advise on this

I can't even go to Step 4.

thanks

Same problema here tambien! Any help with this? I m testing on localhost. Is there something I m missing?? I ve created the DB already with phpMyAdmin.

please ayudaaaa

Hi everybody.

I'm having the same problem installing this version (1.2.5). The installation freezes at step 3 when the connection to the DB seems fine. (of course, no email was sent when I first tried this step.)

What can be done to stall this software? I really like to use Prestashop!!

Thankyou all!

PD: BTW, i'm trying to install it in localhost and using php6

Prestashop was designed for PHP5. I'm not sure whether Prestashop is compatible with PHP6. If it is using functions that were deprecated in PHP6, that would explain why it isn't working for you.

Another known issue is that using special characters (!@#$%^&*()) in your password can prevent Prestashop from installing. This bug was fixed in Prestashop v1.3 alpha 2.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem.
a confirm user ask me tro try this :
May you try :

check if in config.inc.php all settings are correct ?

<?php

define(’PS_BASE_URI‘, ‘/prestashop_1.3.0.2/’);
define(’THEME_NAME‘, ‘prestashop’);
define(’DB_NAME‘, ‘presta1302’);
define(’DB_SERVER‘, ‘localhost’);
define(’DB_USER‘, ‘root’);
define(’DB_PREFIX‘, ‘’);
define(’DB_PASSWD‘, ‘’);
define(’DB_TYPE‘, ‘MySQL’);

in file config.inc.php 4th line is : @ini_set(‘display_errors’, ‘off’); << replace off by on and relaunch prestashop.

Hi Guys,

I am having the same issue. My database is connected, and my email is sent. But, It is frozen on step 3.

When I look in the mailbox, there is no, new mail.

I am getting 'Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit,' at the bottom of the page. Any thoughts guys?

Cheers
Adam: On Windows shared server.

To anyone who still has this problem: try installing again using FireFox, and open the error console, there will most likely be an error there (Something about a deprecated function, or maybe another error).

Paste the javascript error here and I will try to help.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
To anyone who still has this problem: try installing again using FireFox, and open the error console, there will most likely be an error there (Something about a deprecated function, or maybe another error).

Paste the javascript error here and I will try to help.

Stuck on Step 3 on prestashop v1.3.1

And got this in console of firebug:

[Tue Sep 14 05:43:23 2010] [warn-phpd] mmap cache can't open \\nawinfs06\home\users\web\b*6*7\******jaradat\prestashop\config\settings.inc.php (pid 7788 th 7792)

Any help?

Bonjour à tous,

Je rencontre également un problème du même type : bloqué à l'étape 3 de l'installation.
Essayé via IE et Firefox : rien ne se passe quand je clique sur "tester la connexion SQL", "m'envoyer un eail de test", "suivant"
Je suis chez GANDI.

Sous Firefox, la console d'erreur me renvoie :

Pour "test connexion SQL" et "Suivant" :
------------------------------
Erreur : ret.getElementsByTagName is not a function
Fichier Source : http://fana-de-cadeaux.com/install/controller.js
Ligne : 334
Le fichier controller.js est en chmod 660

Pour "m'envoyer un email de test" :
Erreur : données incompréhensibles après l'élément de document
Fichier Source : http://fana-de-cadeaux.com/install/model.php?_=1284552996497&method=checkMail&mailMethod;= native&smtpSrv=smtp.&[email protected]&smtpLogin;=&smtpPassword;=&smtpPort=25&smtpEnc=off&testMsg=Ceci est un message de test, votre serveur d'email fonctionne correctement.&testSubject=Installation de Prestashop - test du serveur d'email
Ligne : 2, Colonne : 1
Code Source :
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_ConnectionException' with message 'Sending failed using mail() as PHP's default mail() function returned boolean FALSE.' in /nom-du-serveur/www/fana-de-cadeaux.com/chemin/tools/swift/Swift/Plugin/MailSend.php:166
---------------------------
le fichier mailsend.php est en chmod 660

Have you verified that C:\inetpub\vhosts\alhamdgems.com\httpdocs\config\settings.inc.php is actually there, and correct permissions set?

There are quite a few forum topics that complain of this problem, and it appears to be related to permissions specific for Windows.

I'd personally shy away from Windows as a server due to it being fraught with security issues. Since it's your own server, I'd check out Ubuntu (great for folks making their first steps into the unix arena) and see how that goes. I can pretty much guarantee that once you get past the learning curve of general unix administration, Prestashop admin & troubleshooting will go MUCH smoother.

I have problems with this to. For 1.2.5 and for 1.3.1.

I think I have tried everything.

I think it can be that prestashop crashes at this point for php 5.2.14

As nobody have a solution for this, and a lot of people is involved (other not, without any explanation), maybe it's related to the new php version.

I have a poll in here. Please, go there and take a look to see if you have this php version, which could be the problem.

Thank you very much

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/70688/installing_prestashop/could_you_install_prestashop_over_php_version_5_dot_2_dot_14

• 5 weeks later...

I believe there are several reasons that stop installation at step 3. I share my solution:

At Step 3, you should first test the database connection, if it is ok, the problem is not database related.

After you press the "next" button (and cannot reach step 4), you can go to /config folder to check if a settings.inc.php is created, if not, it is probably related to folder permission, because the system want to create this file. (Some users above have such problem).

If you can find the file, you can download the settings.inc.php and use a text editor to view the content. It should store some setting parameters such as

define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost');

Look for some strange data.

I find that the script that is used to create the setting file (/install/classes/AddConftoFile.php) has used strip_tags, nl2br to sanitize the input data. The problem is here! In my case, my database password contains a "<" character and is trimmed by the script. Therefore the installation cannot proceed because the password is incorrect.

In short, please don't use "<", ">" for database password.

Hope this can help some people to solve their problem.

P.S.: I am installing 1.3.1

Dear joetheboss, Thanks for your reply. but there was not such type of things happened which you mentioned in your reply. All are fine there is no problem but still its stuck. GOD Know who will Help us to fix this issue or i think i have to install or find any other shopping cart instead of this prestashop. Thanks!