Upgrading step by step !!!

I agree with you, it's quite difficult to upgrade it and anytime can appear any error(s) and distroy your work.

For Developers:
For the future release can be done from BO, under administration user, as user pooz.dk said ?

Thanks.

Upgrading PrestaShop really sucks.

Why does it have to be so hard, difficult, and slow?? :shut:

Think about doing like WordPress, where you can upgrade from within the administration.
And this is very easy and powerful.

• 2 months later...

HI all.. Trying to upgrade an old Prestashop install from 1.1 to 1.2.5 but getting erros when I run the updater.

Errors are:

a js error 2 Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)
Timestamp: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:37:18 UTC

Line: 751
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: http://www.littleduck-solutions.com/signlighting/install/controller.js

and an error is I refresh after about 15 mins of inactivity to browse main site URL..

Table 'ldscom_signlighting.ps1_pack' doesn't exist

SELECT COUNT(*) as items FROM ps1_pack where id_product_pack = 21

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to upgrade from 1.1.0.5 to 1.2.5 now and there is no progress. I stopped upgrading before (1.1.0.5> 1.2.3 I believe) because after 45min running the upgrade nothing changed. At the moment, the update is active for 30 minutes and again no progress. How long do I have to wait more?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
what about installing new version as a fresh install and then replace changed files and folders

and then import CSV and Lang ??

will that work?? can I export products, categories, etc and then import them to the new version along with the language CSV ???

I believe I have read on this forum that the above is not recommended.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I did try to upgrade and it went ok but when i try to go to website or admin, it gives me following error message
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have tried to change permission to 777 but did not work also tried to change config file , tool/smarty/ etc to 755 but nothing seems to be working.

Anybody there who can help....

looking forward to hearing from you...

thanks,
om

hey guys,

I finally found the way to upgrade using following way

i found this video… .when i was searching on the net…

http://vimeo.com/22111490

may be usefull… i am going to try this in the evening…

but, when i try to upgrade it on my local environment it started giving another message...

that "This application need you to activate Javascript to correctly work. " i don't understand, i have everything although when i am trying to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 it gives me such error message.

i have re-installed javascript...too..

can any one please help...

look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

thanks,
om

Hi guys,

this is completely annoying..... thing...

no body faced such issue.... i am surprised.

Also, just few minutes ago... i tried fresh install and this is amazing and weired...

for a fraction of a second "This application need you to activate Javascript to correct work" appeared and then straight directed to 1st step of installation and all the buttons are visible.

When you try to upgrade it gives the same error and takes you to 1st step of installation but buttons at the bottom are not visible.

honestly i haven't done any new installation of javascript or anything...

this is completely annoying... on top of that not much support.....from the forum.

look forward to hearing from you

thanks,
om

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi there.

Are these instructions still accurate for upgrading to version 1.4.6.2? If not could someone point me to the correct instructions in the forums? I've never upgraded PrestaShop before and want to make sure to do it correctly so my client's site doesn't go down :-)

Thanks for your help!

-James

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody monitoring these forums? I asked if these upgrade instructions work for the latest version a week ago and have seen no response. A simple yes or no would be fine. And if "no" a link to the best instructions for the latest version would be simply awesome. Thanks so much!

• 6 months later...

hello guys i am getting a problem i have installed prestashop on vertrigo localhost but when i open front side it does,t i dont know why. even i follow all the given instructions, and especially in log folder there is error log file and it shows some thing this *ERROR* 2012/09/12 - 06:32:00: infosPassword => 12

I have just tried to upgrade to the latest Prestashop version by uploading all files via FTP and then use the upgrade script. The front office looks fine and I got all products descriptions and so on in the store, however, I can't access the admin folder. When I try to do so I only get a blank page. Any idea what to do?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I upgraded from 1.4.9 to 1.5.1 using the one step upgrade feature in 1.4. Thereafter, I had 340 some missing files and all of my products disappeared- led to 404 errors. I tried to reverse the upgrade but the script hung up about 1/3 of the way through. I exited the site and got an error when trying to log in again.

I have uploaded the files from 1.5 to the server again. But, am not sure how to proceed from here. There is no admin folder in v. 1.5 and I can not access the location where shop files are stored from the web site. But, I can access the install folder from the web. Should I do a comptetely new install? Or, are there certain files I can upload to get this working again? If I do a fresh install can I get P/S to use the existing database?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jepp

best would be a damn good step by step tutorial for upgrading 1.4.x-1.4.0 --> brand new 1.4.10

&

1.4.x ---> 1.5.x

The forum is full of problems users ran into while trying to upgrade so I wouldnt be the worst idea to give

us a safe to follow script.

EDIT 27th April 2013

Excuse moi.

I just found this in the online documentation for ps 1.5:

http://doc.prestashop.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5374295#Manualupdate%28expertsonly%29-BackingUpYourDatabase

Edited by B.Köring (see edit history)

• 3 months later...