Prestashop Cloud unable to add paypal module

scmaverick

Question

Hello there,

I'm using prestashop cloud service to manage my shop and so far eveything is working good, but I've been trying to add paypal's module (NA) to my shop but it seems impossible, when I search in avail modules it doesnt show, but if I search in the mods catalogue it shows in there, problem is the only option I get is download, and if I download the module and try to add it manually it says I cant because the feature is disabled for security reasons.

I created my shop for Costa Rica, however, 90% of my customers do have and use their paypal accounts registered in north america, so all transactions become international, it doesn't have to be localized.

How can I add thos module to my shop? otherwise this is becoming a deal breaker.....

Thanks for your help!

24 answers to this question

HI!

You will have to change your default country to an European country if you want to add Paypal (Europe) version or to the USA if you want to add the USA Paypal version.

You can do so from LOCALIZATION-CONFIGURATION-default county. 

Then go back to modules, the Paypal versions will show up.

After you have installed the Paypal version you want, just change the default country back to your own country.

Cheers!

Localization Localization Localizatio

Hello there,

I'm using prestashop cloud service to manage my shop and so far eveything is working good, but I've been trying to add paypal's module (NA) to my shop but it seems impossible, when I search in avail modules it doesnt show, but if I search in the mods catalogue it shows in there, problem is the only option I get is download, and if I download the module and try to add it manually it says I cant because the feature is disabled for security reasons.

I created my shop for Costa Rica, however, 90% of my customers do have and use their paypal accounts registered in north america, so all transactions become international, it doesn't have to be localized.

How can I add thos module to my shop? otherwise this is becoming a deal breaker.....

Thanks for your help!

I am pretty sure that there is a Paypal module on prestashop cloud because that is what I use at http://loadaa.com. To install Paypal module on prestashop cloud, in the back-office menu (horizontal or vertical) hover on the modules option and select payment on the drop down menu. You will find all the payment modules on prestashop cloud and PayPal should be there. 

Goodluck

I Know this is an older post but hoping someone can help me.

first time ever to try and do an online store.

I cant seem to find any paypal modules at all except paid ones? I have downloaded the paypal module from google  but how do I add it to my store? it says uploading of modules not on prestashop add ons is not allowed?

Perhaps some are confusing Prestashop Cloud hosting service with hosting one's own Prestashop on a different web server.

Prestashop Cloud does not have PayPal or PayPal-Europe included.

Log into Prestashop Marketplace via one's Prestashop Cloud site to add a new module and the FREE "PayPal Europe - Official" module is not available.

Only paid versions of PayPal are available from the 3rd parties through the Prestashop cloud service.

Host your own Prestashop and the FREE "PayPal" modules are available - Cloud, no.

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html )

Prestashop should do a better job of making clear what the limitations of "Prestashop Cloud" are upfront. (Most would opt for hosting it themselves.)

I've finally manage to do it. I uploaded it through ftl user to the module folder. I still couldn't add it until I updated the module? Either way after hours of looking I've managed to do it now lol.

Thanks for your reply.

Now I just need to figure out how to add my domain it says wai tin for DNS a I had a subscription with 1&1 which I cancelled but kept the domain. Now I can't log in to 1&1 control panel to do anything. Anyone know how I can get my domain on to here?

My hanks again

At first I couldn't find Paypal module for payment at all, but after I connect to addons.prestashop.com, indeed I saw Paypal module, but it is only the US one. I tried installed it, but it says the module is for store based in US, Canada only. I tried changing my default country to US (localization --> localization --> default country), but that didn't work either.  

I could not find the Europe one. :(  Any suggestion will be appreciated for this. I set up my shop nearly complete, but I need to be able to use paypal module for payment. Please help.

Note: My store based in Thailand. 

http://series-script-thai.pswebstore.com/

Hi,

I managed to install the paypal Europe module by creating a ftp user.

I downloaded the paypal module to my computer then uploaded it to the modules folder. I then needed to update add ons for it to be visible. I hope this helps. Sorry I can't be of more help I honestly don't know much about it

Edited by michelle fallows (see edit history)

At first I couldn't find Paypal module for payment at all, but after I connect to addons.prestashop.com, indeed I saw Paypal module, but it is only the US one. I tried installed it, but it says the module is for store based in US, Canada only. I tried changing my default country to US (localization --> localization --> default country), but that didn't work either.  

I could not find the Europe one. :(  Any suggestion will be appreciated for this. I set up my shop nearly complete, but I need to be able to use paypal module for payment. Please help.

Note: My store based in Thailand. 

http://series-script-thai.pswebstore.com/

You will find latest version on the footer of this page - PARTNERS -> FREE MODULES -> page 6 Paypal Europe and on the left block "Download the free PayPal Europe module"

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Paypal is installed by default on Prestashop - you should activate the module on your back.office under modules. If you want to install PaypalUSA you need to download it and upload it to your FTP under the folder /modules.

Error is coming during install, or download ? For to download, you should login to your addons account first. If you don't have one, you should create one at addons site: http://addons.prestashop.com

Paypal is installed by default on Prestashop - you should activate the module on your back.office under modules. If you want to install PaypalUSA you need to download it and upload it to your FTP under the folder /modules.

Error is coming during install, or download ? For to download, you should login to your addons account first. If you don't have one, you should create one at addons site: http://addons.prestashop.com

Hi

In back.office when I go to Mudules > Payment there isn't a PayPal module recommended. When I then view all available payment modules the only PayPal module is one called PayPal Direct Payments priced at $204.99.

If I then got to Modules & Themes Catalogue and search for PayPal a new tab opens with the results and the only free PayPal Europe. Opening this and clicking Download generates the error. I am logged in. A popup with a red frame appears and it has the text 'An error occurred'. Immediately after that I get a dialog to download and that works fine, but there is no way to then install that file that I can find. Remember, I am using Presta Shop Cloud.

Is there something I am missing?

Which file are you trying to install ? You don't need to install any file if module is successfully installed. Are you talking about changes on an installed file ?

Can you please attach screens from what are you doing/error having ?

If you are unable to install by back-office. so download the module to your local machine. unzip the file and upload the unzipped folder "paypal" to your FTP  folder /modules.

Ho to get to Prestashop Cloud FTP:  http://doc.prestashop.com/display/CLOUD/Managing+FTP+users

Which file are you trying to install ? You don't need to install any file if module is successfully installed. Are you talking about changes on an installed file ?

If you are unable to install by back-office. so download the module to your local machine. unzip the file and upload the unzipped folder "paypal" to your FTP  folder /modules.

Ho to get to Prestashop Cloud FTP:  http://doc.prestashop.com/display/CLOUD/Managing+FTP+users

I can't find the PayPal module in back.office to activate as you suggested originally. It isn't anywhere that I can find.

So I have been to addons store looking for a module to install. That is where th error occurs.

Can you direct to where the PayPal module in back.office should be to activate it?

Sorry, forgot screenshot. This is where I am looking for the module to install/activate.

post-1019089-0-79652700-1432621692_thumb.jpg

1) You uploaded the uncompressed /paypal folder of the download.zip to the FTP of your Prestashop Cloud ?

2) you also followed this:

HI!

You will have to change your default country to an European country if you want to add Paypal (Europe) version or to the USA if you want to add the USA Paypal version.

You can do so from LOCALIZATION-CONFIGURATION-default county. 

Then go back to modules, the Paypal versions will show up.

After you have installed the Paypal version you want, just change the default country back to your own country.

Cheers!

Localization Localization Localizatio

If yes and the module is not showing up on your modules list, than please use the support on dashboard of your Prestashop Cloud Account. See screen attached.

post-741527-0-08791500-1432633297_thumb.jpg

So, I'm from Malaysia. If I change my localization to Europe and install the PayPal Europe, then change back to Malaysia location; am I able to use the PayPal addon? Will it affect me to accept Malaysia money?

I read the answer and I would like to confirm if it will work for malaysia.

Edited by William chai (see edit history)