Have you really got the latest version ?

MacRoy

Hi!

I bought this module Newsletter Pro Version 2.2.1 Which I thought was the latest module then. 18/11/2014 .But it turned out that it came out several versions here between who I have not received any information of. Not a single notification from PrestaShop about it either. And when I contacted Prestashop you get as usual very sullen reply. And the update came out 12/17/2014 only three weeks later. Version 3.2.5

Here is the answer from PrestaShop

Thank you for your email. When you purchase a module, is available ever for the version downloaded. You Can not Benefit For Free of all versions of the modules, it does not exist anywhere. If You Want The Last version of each module, you'll have to purchase it again and We could give you big discounts. Thank you for your understanding. Regards,( -----) Customer Service - PrestaShop Addons

Of course, you can not get free updates forever. But that's not what I asked. But I want the latest version when I purchase a product.

Do not treat your customers as if they were idiots.

You talk so nice words about you to fix this but I, or rather we have not seen any improvement in this since discussions began in the fall!

This is not acceptable!

From a very disappointed customer.

MacRoy

Edited by MacRoy (see edit history)

Not good service I agree, but to be clear is that a prestashop developed module? When I click on it the developer is "community" which usually means third party. 

Hi!

And what does it matter if it's a third party or fourth party or whatever you want!

Should we not get the last module when buying it?

It is well after all PrestaShop that is selling the module. Or what?

You can not just put all the responsibility on the module manufacturer. The seller also has a responsibility to its customers!

Regards

MacRoy

• Like 1

Hello MacRoy,

I'm very sorry to read this! Could you please send me your email address and your order number so I can check this more closely? 

When you buy a module on Addons, developers have the right to suggest an update options to the clients, which they have to purchase to have access to all the updates of their module. If the update isn't proposed, that means that you'll need to purchase the module compatible with your new version of PrestaShop. 

You generally buy 1 module for 1 version. 

Hi!

And what does it matter if it's a third party or fourth party or whatever you want!

Should we not get the last module when buying it?

It is well after all PrestaShop that is selling the module. Or what?

You can not just put all the responsibility on the module manufacturer. The seller also has a responsibility to its customers!

Regards

MacRoy

It matters because IF the module was from a third party then perhaps the poor service you are getting is FROM the third party not from prestashop itself. I was just trying to clarify whether the poor service is from Prestashop or from a third party.

If I can liken it to Amazon, if you buy one our products on Amazon then there is a problem then your beef is with ME not with Amazon because I am the seller wh just happens to be using the Amazon "Window"

Hi!

OK! Thanks for your response!

I see what you mean now. The problem is definitely not on third-party provider. I have contacted them myself and arranged it all. Also received excellent service and a friendly reception. But I do not think PrestaShop be any shelf warmers, supplier and vendor shall ensure that when a new version of PrestaShop is released, there shall also be the last module for delivery at the time. Which it definitely was not when I bought this otherwise excellent module.

Just to clarify it! I am definitely not a whiner, but I'm very patient, I know myself what a tremendous work that lies behind, but there may be limits!

It came out a whole series of updates during the time since I bought my module. But this I had no indication, either via the update inside the Back Office or from the PrestaShop!

Best regards
MacRoy

I mean that if the developer didn't propose an update option of his module, that means you'll have to purchase the next version of the module if he updates it. One module isn't available for all the versions, excepting for PrestaShop's native modules, where all the updates are accessible to everyone: that is up to the developer. 

Hi!

Thanks, I understand what you mean!

But I find it hard to see why it would release updates. If no bugs or problems with the modules.

If, however, released a module with brand new features or a new module, then it is clear that then they should be able to buy an update at a very good price. But it says nothing about this on PrestaShop additions for this module.

Understand me right! If I were to buy a new car of BMW, this year I expect that I get this year's model and not any old model.

Best regards
MacRoy

Hello,

I've developed the module Newsletter Pro.

All the updates are free from the version 1 to the version 2.2.1 of the module. 

In version 3.0 I've added many new features (newsletter pro front subscription, forward newsletter to a friend, etc...). That is the reason for the non free update between the version 2.0 and version 3.0.

I can offer the version 2.7.1 (that was never online) to all the customers that wants to update their older versions (they need to send me a message here https://addons.prestashop.com/en/write-to-developper?id_product=7484 . The customer needs to be logged in into their account, of which acquired the module).

Also, I can offer one time update to the version 3.2.5 to all the customers that purchase the module with 1 month before the version 3.2.5 release (between  11/17/2014 - 12/17/2014 ).

Regards,

Ovidiu

Edited by gkssjovi (see edit history)

Hi!

Thank you for your update!

As a tip only. Ensure that this information reaches the customers too!

I can not find such information in PrestaShop's Addons.

Best regards
MacRoy

Prestashop does not allow us to know who the customers are that purchased our modules. We have no way to communicate with you

Hi MacRoy,

All I'm saying is that the fact that a developer choose or not to suggest an update option on his product is up to him, simply, and if there is an update option, it is mentionned on the product page on Addons. If not, that means that you'll have to buy the next version of the module. 

I'm sorry we can't help you more, have a nice day. 

All I'm saying is that the fact that a developer choose or not to suggest an update option on his product is up to him, simply, and if there is an update option, it is mentionned on the product page on Addons. If not, that means that you'll have to buy the next version of the module. 

Just want to clarify.  You do not need to purchase the update option to receive 'minor' updates, it just means that you will not receive 'major' updates.

The module author gets to specify if the new module version is 'minor' or 'major'.  Unfortunately Prestashop Addons does not explain this very well.

• Like 1

Hello,

Also I've justify the major update option between the version 2 and version 3 of the module in the previous posts.

And also I've accepted to give one time update to v3 to the customers that purchase the module with 1 month before the v3 release.

I think this is an honest solution for this situation.

Regards,

Ovidiu

Edited by gkssjovi (see edit history)
  • Like 1