PS 1.6.0.9 transfer from subfolder to root

Hi everyone,
I finished to build my website  ( i don't know if i can write the link, so I will not) but I created in a subfolder:

www.mydomain.com/subfolder  and now i would like to move it in www.mydomain.com.

Can someone help me? My version of Prestashop is 1.6.0.9.
If you can, please, write simple, I m new and I m proud that I succeeded to create my website but my knowledge is limited.

Thank you everyone. Vincenzo

ciao Vincenzo,

first of all I would suggest you build a virtual machine first and do the testing to avoid any issue with the real site. There are free tools like VMWare Player, Portable VM, etc.

That said, did you try to connect to the site via WinSCP and simply move everything? After that you will need for sure to go to www.(site).com/admin****, Settings (Impostazioni), SEO&URLs, and in the middle of the page change SHOP DOMAIN and SSL DOMAIN (if available) to the new settings; e.g., change www.(site).com/SHOP to www.(site).com.

If you already tried this and got any specific error you should post it here.

Edited by hypergiro (see edit history)

You can even avoid moving it if you just login to cpanel and point the main domain to the subfolder as redirection (in the domain manager)

At any rate, more than a virtual machine you need a local server, which you can either install manually or using wamp, xampp or mamp (yeah, many *amps :D )

After you move to the domain root make sure you check the ps_shop_url table of the db and get rid of the subfolder set there. You will probably also need to regenerate your .htaccess from the seo and urls tab