Cannot install Paypal Europe in Prestashop Cloud version

Ralph Northcott

Question

I am trying to install the free module, Paypal Europe. I logged in to Addons.

The zip file  downloads as usual for the normal Prestashop, but there is no facility in the cloud version to install a zip file.

The Cloud Help says it will be available to install in the modules page, but I suspect this only applies to the paid modules as it is not there.

21 answers to this question

I could't go to modules and disable onboard module - as I said, the pop-down disabled access to my back end totally.

Luckily I had already set up FTP.

I deleted the onboard module and this solved the problem.

I then uploaded the Paypal module by FTP and it installed successfully. Thanks Irazu!

Problem solved.

• Like 1

Hi, after logging into your PrestaShop account from back office.

modules-->modules-->in search box type PayPal

if you only see the PayPal USA/Canada/Mexico PayPal module then:

localization-->localization-->set default country to anything other than USA/Canada/Mexico

advacned parms-->peformance-->top right click clear cache

modules-->modules-->in search box type PayPal

you should see PayPal Europe

you can then install it.

note: you must load module from modules-->modules 

I do not know why 1) if you click 'add module' it lets you search and download a module from addon's as there (as far as I know) not a way to then upload and install.  So only work from modules-->modules

• Like 2

post-173216-0-85562500-1421832576_thumb.png

Now I can't do anything. A pop up obscuring the top half of the page has suddenly appeared. "

"A few steps before launching!"

This will not close out. No links on this are active. Refreshing the page has no effect, it just returns, so now my Cloud back end is totally disabled. I have relaunched my browser (Chrome) and it is still there. I have logged out and in again.

I attach a screenshot

Edited by Ralph Northcott (see edit history)

it is 

my store after store details 

please add ftp user 

that's cool, I will try to find that...so it's not in back office but 'my store' section yes?

I just signed up for account yesterday so I could try to help better here.

edited: found it!  so you can upload modules that way...good to know, thanks for sharing.

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/CLOUD/Managing+FTP+users

Ralph Northcott, I had the same problem as you. I opened a topic and Vekia told me the solution. The issue was that I couldn't press the "module" link to disable the OnBoard menu, because the pop-down didn't allow me to press any link below.

I solve the problem with this plugin for Google Chrome. With it I could press the links below the pop down:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vimium/dbepggeogbaibhgnhhndojpepiihcmeb

I hope it helps to other people.

Thanks for the solution! This works!

For the ones that need a step by step guide, here you go:

1. From the Prestashop website go to My Store > Store details and click "Add new FTP user".

2. Then use any FTP client (FileZilla is free) and connect to your FTP server using Address, User and the password you created.

3. Download the PayPal module (find it through Google).

4. Navigate to the modules folder and upload through your FTP client the "paypal" folder within your PayPal module zipped file.

5. Go to the store backend and navigate to modules > modules and find the newly copied PayPal module there.

6. Prestashop will tell you that its not a verified module etcetera, but just install it.

7. You will now have to connect the module with your PayPal account.

8. Rest should be easy.

Good luck

Hi

Thanks for the solution! This works!

For the ones that need a step by step guide, here you go:

1. From the Prestashop website go to My Store > Store details and click "Add new FTP user".

2. Then use any FTP client (FileZilla is free) and connect to your FTP server using Address, User and the password you created.

3. Download the PayPal module (find it through Google).

4. Navigate to the modules folder and upload through your FTP client the "paypal" folder within your PayPal module zipped file.

5. Go to the store backend and navigate to modules > modules and find the newly copied PayPal module there.

6. Prestashop will tell you that its not a verified module etcetera, but just install it.

7. You will now have to connect the module with your PayPal account.

8. Rest should be easy.

Good luck

Hi,

I have gone till Step 5 and on step 6 , I am getting message

"This module cannot be installed This module could not be verified by PrestaShop.

This generally happens when the module isn't distributed through our official marketplace, PrestaShop Addons - or when your server failed to communicate with PrestaShop Addons."

there is no install button, I am using Prestashop cloud.

Hi

Hi,

I have gone till Step 5 and on step 6 , I am getting message

"This module cannot be installed This module could not be verified by PrestaShop.

This generally happens when the module isn't distributed through our official marketplace, PrestaShop Addons - or when your server failed to communicate with PrestaShop Addons."

there is no install button, I am using Prestashop cloud.

I'm experiencing the same thing. 

Have they disabled free installation?

I'm experiencing the same thing. 

Have they disabled free installation?

Depends, from my experience it should work with self uploaded modules, provided these modules are in principle available at PrestaShop Addons.

But any module or theme from this forum (free of charge or bought somewhere else) is currently (and I suspect permanently) disabled for installation.

That's life, folks! Did you really think you're granted free webspace without any chance for PrestaShop to earn money? :D The cloud is PrestaShop's new business model, and not a charity performance. ;)

"That's life, folks! Did you really think you're granted free webspace without any chance for PrestaShop to earn money? :D The cloud is PrestaShop's new business model, and not a charity performance."

Hmm I seem to have wasted hours of my time trying to set up a trusted payment method which I have used for years. What I cannot understand is why prestashop don't state before signing up, that they don't have a pre supplied paypal module included for payment. - If they had done I wouldn'r have damn well wasted my time :angry:

Just to let everybody know. I have a Cloud store and am based in Australia, intending to sell globally.

I have installed PayPal Europe through ftp successfully.

I downloaded it from the addons store and unzipped the folder. Then created a FTP user and uploaded the 'paypal' folder to the 'modules' folder.

In back.office in Modules>Payment the module then appeared with an Install button.

Using the Install button I simply installed the module and have now been configuring it.

Configuring it is another story and I have yet to test it but it looks good so far.