Email configuration for web mail?

Hi there,

I don't know whether this is repost or not. If this is repost, I'm really sorry about that :(

I configured my mail settings from Advanced parameters -> E-mail

Now when I send message from contact form in front office I get the message to back office.

But I don't get the mail to my web mail. It worked when I tried that from gmail.

I recently changed that to my server and I put SMPT settings. Now it's not working. :o

Any Idea?? :(

Edited by kavindaps (see edit history)

Is it working if you use a normal php mail function instead? Are the sending domain and email domain matching?

Hi Nemo1,

I watched all of your videos about prestashop 1.6. Those are great!!

And for this I really didn't try php mail function. I am using godaddy hosting so I put smtp username, pwd and servername.

As I said customer messages come to the back-office. But email doesn't come in to the web mail which I created in the server.

It likely has nothing really to do with Godaddy. I don't use Godaddy and I have been suffering this issue from day one of using Prestashop. There are numerous posts (if you can manage to find them in these multi language forums with no specific forum to discuss email related problems) relating to this and it is an ongoing issue which Prestashop continues to avoid fixing. The generally provided solution by moderators is to use php mail, which is just avoiding the problem.

I have a tendency to accept this post by bellini13 ( http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-10102 ) who suggests the real issue is that prestashop uses an outdated version of Swift. I can confirm that prestashop version 1.6.0.9 still uses Swift 3.3.2 (2007 version). The latest Swift is now 5.3.1.

I can also confirm that I run several other ecommerce domains on the same VPS which use zencart. Those shops are configured to use SMTP and work perfectly, so therefore it is unlikely to be a server/ port/ firewall issue and is more than likely software related. Possibly the old version of Swift which is used by prestashop is not able to work under php 5?