The signs in BO to tell when a new customer or new order come will not turn off

Hi, the signs in BO to tell when a new customer or new order come will not turn off after checking on them. Usually after clicking on them they shut down but they started not shutting down all of a sudden and without installing or updating anything new. Any idea of why and how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

attachicon.gifps1.jpg

Days later and it is still on the same issue... signs will not go off on two shops that I have....

Suggestions please!!!

hello

whole feature is based on ajax calls.

usually problem is related to wrong domain or wrong permissions to files.

let me explain.

your shop uses address www.domain.com

you're logged to back office with different domain like domain.com (without www)

ajax calls will not work then.

the same situation if your shop uses SSL certificate, and you're logged to back office without SSL connection (http://www.domain.com instead of https://www.domain.com)

please make sure that you're connected with correct domain to your back office.

regarding to the permissions, some hosts like ARUBA uses weirdy permissions setup, if you will have wrong setup - prestashop will not be able to execute ajax.php located in root dir of your shop.

to verify the problem turn on browser console (ctrl+shift+j in chrome) and try to click on "new customer" icon to hide it. you will see (in console) report related to calling ajax.php file, is it "red" (error) ?

hello

whole feature is based on ajax calls.

usually problem is related to wrong domain or wrong permissions to files.

let me explain.

your shop uses address www.domain.com

you're logged to back office with different domain like domain.com (without www)

ajax calls will not work then.

the same situation if your shop uses SSL certificate, and you're logged to back office without SSL connection (http://www.domain.com instead of https://www.domain.com)

please make sure that you're connected with correct domain to your back office.

regarding to the permissions, some hosts like ARUBA uses weirdy permissions setup, if you will have wrong setup - prestashop will not be able to execute ajax.php located in root dir of your shop.

to verify the problem turn on browser console (ctrl+shift+j in chrome) and try to click on "new customer" icon to hide it. you will see (in console) report related to calling ajax.php file, is it "red" (error) ?

Vekia, thanks for the reply.

The problem started to happen all of a sudden without me making any changes anywhere. Furthermore, it started happening on a site and then 6 weeks later on another site hosted in the same shared server (shared hosting plan). Without making any changes anywhere your response makes non sense as to the reason of the problem...

I tried control shift j and nothing happens...

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

you should see there, in console report related to ajax call, even if it's allright on this part.

please make sure that you turned on console before clicking on the button related to new customers or new orders, and make sure that console hasn't got any filters and displays full report.

you should see there, in console report related to ajax call, even if it's allright on this part.

please make sure that you turned on console before clicking on the button related to new customers or new orders, and make sure that console hasn't got any filters and displays full report.

I turn on console and I see nothing happening. Also I should say that I tried opening BO in another explorer and the problem continues: when I click on the signs they disapear, but when I reload the page they appear again...

this is not a fix to your problem but a way to get detailed report in your console

as long as it will not work like mine, it will be not possible to help

we have to know ajax call status, and if it will be okay, ajax call response.

i have no idea

can i inspect it directly in your back office? if you want i can do it.

Vekia, I erroneously discarded the cache issue because I had cleared cache and I thought that it should be enough. However, after I saw that I could not update the currency rates,I made the following changes and the signs went off at the same time that the currency rates were updated in the front office:

I fixed it by going from:

post-794866-0-65657100-1421375204_thumb.jpg

to:

post-794866-0-85455000-1421375231_thumb.jpg

My question now is if after moving everything back to how it was, I did the right thing. Please note that my shared server does not support Memcached so I was using 2 file system cache as it shows in the first snapshot...  was this right?

By the way, I recently discover Teamviewer which it is great for remote assistance...Works great!!