Search engine brings 0 results in spanish, but all the results in english

Im on 1.6.0.9 and my search results work only in ENGLISH, bringing 0 results in spanish.

I've tried everything i've could so far:

disabling modules

disabling overrides

rebuilding indexes (over and over and over again)

checking/cleaning/repairing prestashop tables (using pscleaner)

searching the forums (this one)

but cant get spanish to get results indexed...or displayed or both :(

Any clues???

Thanks!!!

How do i know if i have either an active language or the other?

I mean, my BO is in spanish, and i tend to upload and preview everything in Spanish, so i guess i should get the spanish results when using the search engine right?

do you have block currency selector in front office?

does the front office have both english and spanish.

if in front office then select spanish to search in spanish, for english the same.  

in other words, search works on selected front office language, it does not search each language available to front office.

The selector is disabled afaik... At least is not appearing in the final public viewable template...

Is there a way to force a language somehow? or how am I supposed to switch between them if i dont want customers to choose language (for now)?

Thanks El Patron.

You can disable in back office languages that are not ready for your front office.  This allows you to work on translations until you are ready to release to visitors.  Note: if language is enabled in back office it could show in the front office even if no selector and regardless of default language, as ps will try to match on visitor browser language upon entry.

to set default language for shop back office-->localization-->localization

then set the default language.

• 2 weeks later...

Things i have tried so far:

1. replacing search.tpl on themes/propside with the bootstrap theme from 1.6.0.11 >
    No results were found for your search "xxxxxxxxxx"     using spanish as FO language.
    FO in english works fine, results are found and displayed.

2. option a + replacing searchcontroller on controllers/front using 1.6.0.11 file ->nothing happens, same results as A.
  3. option a + b + replacing the whole blocksearch module on themes/propside from 1.6.0.11/themes/bootstrap -> same results as A.
  4. option a + b + c + replacing the whole blocksearch module on /modules from 1.6.0.11/modules -> same results as A.
  5. option a + b + c + d + replacing classes/search*.* from 1.6.0.11/classes  -> same results as A.

6. option a + b + c + d + e + disable overrides  -> same results as A.

Anyone else can bring some more light to this? what else can i test?

Thanks!

Edited by iAreku (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...