Where to find {verif_url}

Hello,

When I get the verification mail for the newsletter subscription and I want to click on the received link, nothing is happening and the customer is not added to the shop newsletter list with customer.

Should I change something on my settings somewhere in Prestashop in order to auto generated link to work? I have just found that the link is generated from {verif_url}

Thnaks for your feedbacks

rgds,

Boris

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

Sorry that I'm opening this topic again, but I have the following issue:

The link on the confirmation email is working only when is copy/paste and is opening correctly the page , while is clicked - it's opening our web site, but with 404 Page not found and the customer is not subscribed/confirmed.

I changed config/defines.inc.php set PS_MODE_DEV to true.

Rgds,

Boris

Hello,

Thanks for comming back.

The url is working only if copy/pasted to a web browser and is opening our web page normally and the email is registered and the customer is getting the confirmation emails, but is not working if clicked on it - since is opening our web page but with 404 Error Page not found and the email of the customer is not registered and the customer does not get any further mails from us.

What do you mean by email piping services?

I'm using one module for sending newsletters.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Rgds,

Boris

Hello,

This is the link:

https://www.balmidor.be/nl/module/blocknewsletter/verification?token=9c937919f03f2409062fa3f07a1d3c5b

I copied a/m link already and saw that is working, but not working while clicked...

Now,if this is acceptable for you, please go to www.balmidor.be and register for a newsletter to see the problem.

Rgds,

Boris

Hello,

This is the link I get with mail when I registered myself:

It was working only when copy/paste but not when clicked - The link has been used already, so should I register with new email in order to get new link?

rgds,

Boris

Indeed it's strange...

I do not want to loose your time, but when I registered again with another email, I get the following link:

Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter, please confirm your request by clicking the link below or paste the link into your browser :

https://www.balmidor.be/en/module/blocknewsletter/verification?token=fb8b5e3580697918500eba4971815f53

Balmidor Online Team

Try it via Apple computer, not working, try it via outlook - opening empty page with "The address is not valid". Did not yet made copy/paste...

rgds,

Boris

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the same problem and some info to share that might help on the solution.

Address string on the email works correctly when I copy/past to go via Browser. However, when I roll over the active link it shows only  {verif_url} and not the actual link.

The same happens on the shop link located on the email footer. It shows up as {shop_url}.

Thank you for any shed light .

Hi,

Do not have a solution, since I finished my emails to test...:-) As you can see from the replies from the Moderators the generated links are correct, so I do not know whether the problem is with me or also by a customer...So I also I'm open to get something and hopping the the customers would be OK to copy/paste and not delete the mail confirmation when pushing the link will not work...

rgds,

Boris

The link that pop up is {verif_url} , and that is not a real link because it is not active but only text.

I noticed the problem occurred right after I made changes ( cut off the text Powered by Prestashop)on the emails templates via HTML edit on BO translations .

I can send you the print screen of modified template if that is necessary.

The template above is Newsleter verification email, and other 2 links are broken or null ( shop_url, shop image)

Thank you

Carlos Ing

Hi Carlos,

So what's the solution when changes have been made already on the emails Templates?

Knowing that this is a Newsletter confirmation link, should work only by clicking on it, otherwise the customer will drop off and we do not get his registration and mail.

rgds,

Valsirob

Hi Valsirob,

That's the problem. The link string is correct but not active. So , it doesn't work by clicking over .

We are on the same boat expecting for any help.

I guess BO translations is the source of this problem. However, I am not an PS expert and have no ideia how to handle it.

One thing I tried was editing the template with Dreamweaver and then copying back to where it was.Seems working but not a good solution since there are many templates to customize.

rds

Carlos

Hello Nemo.

I think it has nothing to do with email client.

Have first make the shop presta 1.6.0.9 in "domain.es" and, when everything worked ok, in steed of translated it i make the whole shop new again with presta  1.6.0.11 in

"domain.com".

Domain.es works perfect domain.com do not resolve correctly the mails.

Both are at the same hosting server with the same email. client.

Think that I will not lose more time, or your time and let the shop with "domain.es" and redirect. the .com.

Thanks in each case for your time.

Kind regards.

jomi

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem.

In the BO translation the code is:
<a style="color: #337ff1;" href="%7Bverif_url%7D">{verif_url}</a>

In the email the link is correct shown, but the problem is that the link isn't clickable. If i right click in the link and open it in my browser it get me to this page:

If i try to edit the link in the email from example Gmail, it gives me this link:

So my problem is that my customer need to copy the link into the browser. But i would like it to be clickable and direct to the right page, because it looks like a clickable link.

If there is anybody who have an solution on this problem i would appreciate your reply.

Thanks in advandce.

• 3 months later...