Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user

hi!

I have uploaded my previous version of prestashop backup from my Computer and i have changed setting.inc.php, but iam seeing this error, 6 door wardorbe      , 

wooden double bed frame with storage

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'brixtonb_pres476'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

searched on forums but cant find solution, 

can anyone help me to solve this issue,

thanks

Edited by adamthomson123 (see edit history)

i have changed database paswrd in hosting cpanel and in setting.inc.php too, but still no luck ! is there any other files need to be changed aswell?? i cannot see .htaccess file in my public_html folder, is this problem because of absence of that file?

check the other settings.inc.php fields, i.e.

define('_DB_SERVER_', 'your db server');
define('_DB_NAME_', 'your db name');
define('_DB_USER_', 'your db user');
define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'db user pwd');
define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'ps_');
define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'InnoDB');

you were able to connect to db the other day if I remember correctly, yes?

also all your db tables are present yes?

What I did, I had a prestashop online store since 2013, i updated from 1.5 to 1.6 on 25. 12.2014, and before updating i took the backup of all store and databse in .zip format, after updation there were many errors and i was unable to fix them all, what i did, i made a new directory public_html in my hosting and uploaded that backup after unzipping all files in that public_html folder, and i have created a new databse with same name and in table i have imported the file databse.sql. in phpmyadmin.  in this file i have my all the previous backup, after all the uploads done, i edited the file named setting.inc.php and i added the details i have in my database. i have 250 tables in this database, was this way correct? because last time you said if you database back you can revert your shop in older version, and i have the database backup. please guide me what to do next? all the 

If you want i can send you the error log file, or my databse details, 

check the other settings.inc.php fields, i.e.

define('_DB_SERVER_', 'your db server');
define('_DB_NAME_', 'your db name');
define('_DB_USER_', 'your db user');
define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'db user pwd');
define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'ps_');
define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'InnoDB');

you were able to connect to db the other day if I remember correctly, yes?

also all your db tables are present yes?

What I did, I had a prestashop online store since 2013, i updated from 1.5 to 1.6 on 25. 12.2014, and before updating i took the backup of all store and databse in .zip format, after updation there were many errors and i was unable to fix them all, what i did, i made a new directory public_html in my hosting and uploaded that backup after unzipping all files in that public_html folder, and i have created a new databse with same name and in table i have imported the file databse.sql. in phpmyadmin.  in this file i have my all the previous backup, after all the uploads done, i edited the file named setting.inc.php and i added the details i have in my database. i have 250 tables in this database, was this way correct? because last time you said if you database back you can revert your shop in older version, and i have the database backup. please guide me what to do next? all the 

If you want i can send you the error log file, or my databse details, in setting.inc.php  databse host is shown as 'localhost'  and i change paswrod in setting.inc.php and when i upload this file the paswrod is shoewing in this file like( '8PkSktr40e' )and remaining all are as it is in my database. 

• 1 year later...