[Solved] Problem with "Test Your Database" during installation using XAMPP

Hi all, I'm new to Prestashop.

It looks great and I'm hoping to use it to create a new store but I wanted to play with it on my machine using XAMPP first before going to the expensive of hosting etc.

I have XAMPP installed and configured with Apache listening on port 8080. I have altered the root user password as suggested in XAMPP. I can access phpmyadmin at locahost:8080/phpmyadmin using this new password, where I have setup a database called Prestashop.

I have created a folder called OEMperformance in xampp/htdocs where I copied the Prestashop install folder and where I am trying to install Prestashop.

When I try to install I have a problem at the database configuration page.

The database login and password entered are what I use to connect successfully to phpmyadmin. 

After entering the following details the page hangs up and the timer just keeps going round. I have tried hitting next and skipping the test but the installer hangs up doing that too. I've not seen any info in the documentation about the Tables prefix - what is that?

Screenshot4_zps46940ad3.png

I tried downloading the installer again but no different. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Edited by OEMPerformance (see edit history)

Thanks for the ongoing assistance. B) 

I managed to get through the database test after reverting to port 80 and using 127.0.0.1 as suggested above. I then had the install fail multiple times due to a SQL error - some table address does not exist. I am not technie enough to waste any more time trying to debug this so I have sacked of XAMPP and now downloading EasyPHP fingers crossed that goes smoothly with Prestashop already installed. wish me luck  :unsure:  

• Like 1