Paypal not sending orders to back office

Modrod

I'm running PS 1.6 and PPUSA 1.3.8.

I've read all the topics here on this issues and haven't seen a resolution that fixes it. I have all the standard issues. Orders not showing in BO, basket not clearing, etc. My api settings are correct. My site is receiving the IPN and the transaction shows completed in PP. Is there anyone who can help me fix this ASAP?

I tried testing it using the http://www.yoursite.com/modules/paypalusa/validation.php link and it took me back to the store. I thought that was how you test it (from posts I read).

So you don't actually know if you have received the IPN.  Testing your URL, and Paypal actually sending you the IPN are 2 very different things.

You need to confirm that you have actually received the IPN.  Once you know it is being received, then you need to troubleshoot the processing of the IPN.

So you don't actually know if you have received the IPN.  Testing your URL, and Paypal actually sending you the IPN are 2 very different things.

You need to confirm that you have actually received the IPN.  Once you know it is being received, then you need to troubleshoot the processing of the IPN.

How would I go about testing that then?

I've looked at it and I have no clue what to look for. Guess I'll have to find someway to work around this issue and hope it gets fixed until I can switch to a different software solution. That or find someone who's willing to help me fix it for a reasonable cost. This should work out of the box and why I chose PS. I needed a quick solution to get a store up quickly and it's looking like I made a mistake choosing this.

Edited by Modrod (see edit history)

I think there is an issue with PayPal at the moment. We have a long standing prestashop installation everything working fine but over the last few days no orders are being created in the prestashop back office. Payment is taken, and it shows up in PayPal but I am having to manually created the order in prestashop

Prestashop 1.6.0.9 and PayPal EU version 3.8.0

But nothing has changed on our installation so guessing it s a change at payPal

Too quiet to be certain today, but it seemed to kick back into life last night. So all may be well again. Wonder if it is just PayPal servers not coping with the busyness at this time of year. Or whether they have been trying some changes

• 2 months later...

And the problemis back. Three days now we have not been getting orders in the back office This is really starting to bug me!!!!!

And the problemis back. Three days now we have not been getting orders in the back office This is really starting to bug me!!!!!

Do what I did. Drop PS and use a better supported shop. The PP module PS uses is an illegal copy anyway.

• 2 weeks later...