[Solved] Email subject translation

Hello

Someone knows how to change the subject of the e-mail messages sent by prestashop?

I know that in the folder / mails are all mail but I did not find any function that would make this change. We also tried the modules, but also not had success.

If anyone knows how to change please be express.

Thank you.

Im talking about system emails, like forgot password, welcome msg, invoice emails, and others... (sended by my store)
I dont found where i can change the subjects, all on english only.

The emails i translate, but the subject i cant found the fields..

Thanks.

I found the subject of the mail on the database : "ps_order_state_lang"

Le sujet des mails qui sont envoyé en fin de commande se trouvent dans la base "ps_order_state_lang" notamment pour le texte rupture de stock que je voulais changer

Thanks granpa, but this table "ps_order_state_lang" is only about the order status.. im talking about the daemon msg, like recovery password, account informations, and all mail template "subjects".. i search a lot but i dont found nothing. where i can change this.. maybe the soluction are on tools/swift folder? keep trying..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Copy the "lang.php" (located in the "../mails/fr/") to your "..mails/YourLanguage/" folder.

$_LANGMAIL['Your new admin password'] = 'Votre nouveau mot de passe administateur';
$_LANGMAIL['Your password'] = 'Votre nouveau mot de passe';
$_LANGMAIL['Welcome!'] = 'Bienvenue !';
$_LANGMAIL['Order confirmation'] = 'Confirmation de commande';
$_LANGMAIL['Message from contact form'] = 'Message depuis le formulaire de contact';
$_LANGMAIL['My personal informations'] = 'Mes informations personnelles';
$_LANGMAIL['Message from a customer'] = 'Message dun client';

Edit those French sentence to the language you want.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I got the error message below after installing mail alert module:
Error - The following email template is missing: vn/new_order.txt

Which vn folder does that means? the vn folder in translations folder? in modules/mailalert/templates or which one?
i've try many cases but still can't work that out.
Anybody can help?, please?

• 6 months later...

Ok, so in order to change the mail subject you make it happen in lang.php, but there are only a few strings there, what about thoes emails that is not inside of lang.php? Like the "download_product.txt" e-mail for example, the subject of that e-mail is "Virtual product to donlowad"

Tankfull for a reply

• 11 months later...

Topic moved

It is impossible to change the email subjects from the Back Office. You must use lang.php in the mails directory to translate the email subjects. $_LANGMAIL['Virtual product to download'] should be in the file for non-English mails. If it isn't, simply add it.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...
On 8/25/2008 at 6:48 AM, Bruno Leveque said:

Thanks Rei, it's the right answer.

This method isn't very convenient, we'll improve it in upcoming releases ;)

Hi,
I am still having this issue in v1.7.7. But nowadays there is no lang.php in this folder. How can I change for example the subject of the "account" system email being sent out when an account is created?

With kind regards,
- Johan.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 9:06 PM, hstrom said:

Hi,
I am still having this issue in v1.7.7. But nowadays there is no lang.php in this folder. How can I change for example the subject of the "account" system email being sent out when an account is created?

With kind regards,
- Johan.

You should go through the menu: International > Translate > Email Translate / Subject / Language