[Solved] validation function not found isName ???

I have installed prestashop both realeases of Prestashop, but cant get into the back office.

I keep getting this message:

validation function not found isName even when I try to retrieve password.

Any ideas:

Server Details

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)

PHP version 5.0.5

MySQL version 5.0.45-community-log

Hi nk, welcome to the PrestaShop Forum!

Your server set-up should be fine.

I'm not a developer so I'll get confirmation tomorrow from the dev team, but in the meantime, it might have something to do with the password you created during the installation.

We've been experiencing a bug with this build whereby any special characters (e.g., !@#$%^*&) used in the password locks out users from the Back Office.

If your password does include a special character, try deleting all PrestaShop-related cookies from your browser and then re-installing, this time creating a password without any special characters, and see what happens.

I'll re-post here tomorrow should the dev team have any different ideas. :)

Hi ns,

Hmm, we're a bit stumped by this.  Try the following:

Re-download PrestaShop.  The 0.9.5 build was slightly modified early this morning our time, after you posted your message; maybe the "new" 0.9.5 installation will take care of this problem.

If it doesn't, in the PrestaShop files, go to the /config folder and open the "config.inc.php" file.

In this file, change show_error from "off" to "on".  Save and re-try to log in to the Back Office.  Then copy/paste the error messages that appear into a reply here on the Forum so that our developers can get a better idea of where the problem is coming from and how to help you. :)

I installed the latest release, still nada (nothing) .... can't get in to the back office and validation function not found isName still occurs when trying to retrieve password.

It seem like something authentication related.

Which versions of php and mysql did you use? I have had this problem I think it is the combinations of versions that breaks it but haven't been able to pinpoint which combinations. others will have a similar problem so the more data that can be collected the better.

Fizz

When you said that you installed the latest versions of php & mysql which versions were they. And did you  reinstall Prestashop or just copied and pasted an old installation?

Is there any chance that you could install another version of php: possibly 5.2.5 as supplied with XAMPP or 5.2.3.

From my testing where I tried different versions of PHP I found that I could never get it to work with PHP 5.05 but would work with some of the higher versions I tried. I was not able to try with anything below PHP 5.0.5 so I don't know if it just PHP 5.05 or PHP 5.XX upto a particular version.

There was someone on the french forum that had similar problem with PHP 5.05 (via Google Translate).

Let me know.

Hi ns,

We're sorry we haven't found a solution for this yet.  Could you help us by doing the following please?

In the PrestaShop files, go to the /config folder and open the "config.inc.php" file.

In this file, change show_error from "off" to "on".  Save and re-try to log in to the Back Office.  Then copy/paste the error messages that appear into a reply here on the Forum so that our developers can get a better idea of where the problem is coming from and how to help you. :)

Hi ns,

We're sorry we haven't found a solution for this yet.  Could you help us by doing the following please?

In the PrestaShop files, go to the /config folder and open the "config.inc.php" file.

I have had the same problem (see post) http://www.prestashop.com/forum/index.php/topic,232.0.html

Okay, I have edited the config file :

<?php

ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

on the following installation:

http://www.fizz.me.uk/ps092/

you can see and test the error messages there. If you need access to backend then let me know:

it is at http://www.fizz.me.uk/ps092/

I still think its related to the PHP version but I am not a php programmer.

Hope it helps

EDIT:

from urbandog post:

Urban Dog

------

PRESTASHOP 0.9.5

MySQL 5.0.27

PHP 5.0.4 ________________________________________________ This is lower than PHP 5.05 and not working......

phpMyAdmin 2.6.3-pl1

Apache 2.0.54

WinXP

• 2 months later...