PayPal module 3.8.0 possible serious bug

Jimbola

I have noticed that this module charges the customer in the default currency no matter what they switch to in the store. For Example if they purchase something for £39.99 and use the store switch it may show $64.38 in the store but at the PayPal screen it shows £64.38.

Can someone confirm this?

Hi,

Did you make sure to set up the PayPal module so it takes payments in the customer's currency? It seems to me that what you're describing is not a bug, but a different setup, where the PayPal module takes payment in the shop's default currency: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0df03i5jwn6npc/Screenshot%202014-11-24%2015.48.13.png

Keep us posted!

Hi,

Did you make sure to set up the PayPal module so it takes payments in the customer's currency? It seems to me that what you're describing is not a bug, but a different setup, where the PayPal module takes payment in the shop's default currency: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0df03i5jwn6npc/Screenshot%202014-11-24%2015.48.13.png

Keep us posted!

It must have been a bug, if it was in the store currency it would have been £39.99 and if it was in the customer currency it would have been $64.38 but for it to mix currency and amount can never been right which is what happened when it gave £64.38. 

Can you update to the latest module and test and see if it is still happening? I tried and I could not reproduce it. The latest is 3.8.1

I did update to the latest version and it still happened, so I uninstalled and deleted the PayPal 3.8.1 module, cleared the cache, set files to re-compile and not use cache and all deleted /cahce/class_index.php and then reinstalled and reconfigured the PayPal module and it all seems to work fine now, I get $64.38.