Can't get Paypal to work - help please?

Nothingbuttea

I have updated the Paypal module to the latest version. It is still not working when i click on the pay with paypal option during checkout i get a white screen and a 500 internal server error.

This is the error in the error log:

SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/nbtea/public_html/store/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php" is writeable by group, referer: https://nbtea.co.uk/store/quick-order

Could someone please point me in the direction of a fix or someone who could fix it and get this module working as it should please?

I have tried resetting, i've tried various combinations but just can't get it to work.

Hello!

This worked for me:

Go to modules directory. Change directory permissions to 755 and apply it recursively for foders and files. You can do this through FTP, if you use Filezilla just right click on paypal folder, select "file permissions", set numeric value to 755 and check include subfolders and apply to files and folders.

You can also do this logging in your sever with ssh, go to modules folder and run: chmod -R 755 paypal

After re-setting permissions to 755, my store is working fine again with updated 3.8.1 version of Paypal module (Spain)

Good luck!

• Like 1