Admin login loop, can't get the admin panel

Hi everyone.

I've just installed PS in my local machine (OS X), everything went smoothly but when I try to log in to the admin panel it get's a loop redirecting to the same page (login page) all the time without an error message (it only shows the error message when I type a wrong pw on purpose). It is the first time I use PS, I've already seen in the forum that it is a common problem (or at least it used to be) and I've tried what I've found here and in Google, but usually are related to servers, browsers... not in local machine, so I'm still blocked.

I'd appreciate a lot if someone had a solution.

Many thanks

this is most likely because you have bad  shop url...

i.e. in remote host this issue can be from shop url having (www) and access back office with non-www

as you are on localhost..then of course this would not be the case...

you can check shop url (phpmyadmin you db | find table yourprefix_shop_url)

you may be better served by using remote hosting...then at least we can look at issue easier...

• Like 2

Sorry that was right, it is in the db. My current hosting is quite simple and just allow 1 database, so I'm not able to test it in remote right now.

Once I login the url is: http://localhost:8888/spices&tea/administrador/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=f839679b089d23ba85bf84bf5bf5cf22&redirect=AdminDashboard

I see "redirect=AdminDashboard" so I guess that it should take to the dashboard but it takes to the login again.

Everything I've found so far is about cookies and IP, don't see the relation when i'm in local.

Thanks

Sorry that was right, it is in the db. My current hosting is quite simple and just allow 1 database, so I'm not able to test it in remote right now.

Once I login the url is: http://localhost:8888/spices&tea/administrador/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=f839679b089d23ba85bf84bf5bf5cf22&redirect=AdminDashboard

I see "redirect=AdminDashboard" so I guess that it should take to the dashboard but it takes to the login again.

Everything I've found so far is about cookies and IP, don't see the relation when i'm in local.

Thanks

bring your localhost to Kansas City, we fix you right up, bring jacket...today cooled off...

I don't use osx...pretty old school here...for example my localhost there is no 8888...

advice, get more expansive remote hosting....even goddaddy basic has unlimited db/domains. :)

Hello all,

I am at my first experience with prestashop version 1.6.0.9, in localhost with xampp v3.2.1. After I have completed the installation of ps and entering the data to create the account admin, I was able at first to regularly use the admin panel. On the next day, however, I am denied login, as if the account does not exist (but in the table ps_employee is present).

I then created another user account that runs regularly.

If I try the admin password recovery, it says that there is no account registered with the email address indicated, even though as I said it is in the table ps_employee

I also tried to reset the admin password in the database, using SQL, like this:

UPDATE `prestashop`.`ps_employee` SET `passwd` = MD5('3rgmSsdf4jdgzR6Vx1GHuoHd05Q0TXrwJHcrghQrU9jpCa3Oko6Bs78zpassword') WHERE `ps_employee`.`id_employee` = 1

I tried reinstalling again ps and creating another database, and also to migrate the database to another computer, but I had the same problem several times.

I guess the problem is due to cookies, but unfortunately I did not find useful solutions on the net.

Any help is welcome.

thanks

Hello all,

I am at my first experience with prestashop version 1.6.0.9, in localhost with xampp v3.2.1. After I have completed the installation of ps and entering the data to create the account admin, I was able at first to regularly use the admin panel. On the next day, however, I am denied login, as if the account does not exist (but in the table ps_employee is present).

I then created another user account that runs regularly.

If I try the admin password recovery, it says that there is no account registered with the email address indicated, even though as I said it is in the table ps_employee

I also tried to reset the admin password in the database, using SQL, like this:

UPDATE `prestashop`.`ps_employee` SET `passwd` = MD5('3rgmSsdf4jdgzR6Vx1GHuoHd05Q0TXrwJHcrghQrU9jpCa3Oko6Bs78zpassword') WHERE `ps_employee`.`id_employee` = 1

I tried reinstalling again ps and creating another database, and also to migrate the database to another computer, but I had the same problem several times.

I guess the problem is due to cookies, but unfortunately I did not find useful solutions on the net.

Any help is welcome.

thanks

hello;

try the admin password reset like this

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/233195-new-better-way-to-reset-admin-password-prestashop-15-too/

i don't think your problem with cookie. but i using sometimes firefox extensions "view cookies"

http://www.bitstorm.org/extensions/view-cookies/

after install right click target page and go to cookies tab . and clear cookie on only target page.

http://prntscr.com/53sjg8

if you have a cookie problem this extensions will be solve. if you can not access your admin reset function must be wrong.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all.

I installed a new prestasop on my localhost. Yesterday I workink well on admin page. Today when I want to login, after adding admin login details, not happening enythig. The admin page gone blank, just showing the presta logo.

Can help me somebody?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't see the COOKIE_LIFETIME nor the COOKIEIP in mysql configuration table?

ok, my solution was, in mysql, open the configuration table, and set the  PS_COOKIE_LIFETIME_BO to 480 and  PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP to 0

I tried that, but I it didn't solve the problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi every body,

i'am using prestashop 1.7 installed at distant server using appache "www.lws.fr". yesterday i was working on my web site after one or two hour working when i try to access to prestashop dashbord can't ! i have blank page and error "HTTP ERROR 500".

the URL used to access is : www.palission.com/adminlws . this url i use to login to prestashop dashbord. when i call LWS company they tell me that is not their problem and i must ask prestashop. i connect to LWS control panel to see the appache/php log error and i have this : 

[Tue Feb 07 18:42:09 2017] [error] [client 188.116.37.21] FastCGI: server "/var/www/palission.com/cgi-bin/php5.6.external" stderr: PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class Symfony\\Component\\DependencyInjection\\ContainerAwareInterface in /htdocs/app/cache/prod/classes.php on line 7240.

if any body can help me to solve this problem?

Best regard's.

• 5 years later...

I installed PS 1.7.8.7 on subdirectory demo.mydomain.com/ps1787 and SSL was enabled on my domain demo.mydomain.com.

1. I chose "Not to enabled SSL" in the installation process.
  2. Then I had the "Admin Login Loop" problem in Google Chrome (V. 107.0.5304.106) but not on FireFox (V. 106.0.3).

I needed to solve this problem so I tried several suggestions in different topics:

1. Renaming gamification module folder
2. Disabling the IP check in classes/Cookie.php (this can causes many issues with dynamics IP) : in isLoggedBack(), remove or comment the fourth condition:

&& (!isset($this->_content['remote_addr']) OR $this->_content['remote_addr'] == ip2long(Tools::getRemoteAddr()) OR !Configuration::get('PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP')) 

3. Making the expire time shorter for cookies (IE can have issues with longest time cookies) : in classes/Cookie.php constructor,  
setting:

$this->_expire = isset($expire) ? (int)($expire) : (time() + 3600);

instead of 

$this->_expire = isset($expire) ? (int)($expire) : (time() + 1728000);

4. Setting  PS_COOKIE_LIFETIME_BO to 480 and  PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP to 0

None of them worked for me and I reverted all the changes. None of them were tested simultaneously!

The solution that worked for me:

In the 'ps_configuration' table (via phpMyAdmin), I changed the 'value' of 'PS_SSL_ENABLED' and 'PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE' from 0 to 1.

I have no idea why this worked for me. I would appreciate if anyone explains this.

• 4 months later...
On 10/30/2014 at 10:24 PM, alfreshco said:

Hi everyone.

I've just installed PS in my local machine (OS X), everything went smoothly but when I try to log in to the admin panel it get's a loop redirecting to the same page (login page) all the time without an error message (it only shows the error message when I type a wrong pw on purpose). It is the first time I use PS, I've already seen in the forum that it is a common problem (or at least it used to be) and I've tried what I've found here and in Google, but usually are related to servers, browsers... not in local machine, so I'm still blocked.

I'd appreciate a lot if someone had a solution.

Many thanks

Same error, someone should post instructions in download page