vekia

New better way to reset admin password (prestashop 1.5 too)

read tutorial: reset prestashop admin password - easy without mysql queries!

Have you ever forgotten a password for your prestashop store and you are looking for good working solution? Are you tired of trying to get to the your store back office? I think you've come to the right place :) Today I want to show you a reliable way to restore your prestashop back office password . This tutorial works for all prestashop version! No matter which version you use, it will works always!

• Like 7

You sure it's not necessary to select 'md5' in column function after pasting the password to ps_employee?

• Like 1

it isn't necessary, you paste there password that is already hashed with salt :)

I did not get it working :(

perhaps your store has got different problem related to password.

why you wanted to reset password?

read tutorial: reset prestashop admin password - easy without mysql queries!

Have you ever forgotten a password for your prestashop store and you are looking for good working solution? Are you tired of trying to get to the your store back office? I think you've come to the right place :) Today I want to show you a reliable way to restore your prestashop back office password . This tutorial works for all prestashop version! No matter which version you use, it will works always!

I am not able to log in to my back office.  I know my password but did a forgot password anyway.  The temp password doesn't work either.  Can someone help?  Tried multiple computers also and deleted cookies.  Stuck.

Thanks!

No i just installed and reinstalled, and read about it in the forum.  Can you please send a link?

I had to move the webshop to a new server. I don't have any excess to the backend. Not in the old en not in the new shop. I tried several times and different methods

No i just installed and reinstalled, and read about it in the forum.  Can you please send a link?

link related to reset password is in the first message in this topic.

but im affraid that in your case problem is a little different, not related to passwords, but something doesnt work well on your new host

link related to reset password is in the first message in this topic.

but im affraid that in your case problem is a little different, not related to passwords, but something doesnt work well on your new host

The shop is running. If I try enter the backend. it looks like my password is accepted, only nothing happens. I just copied all files. Made a new database imported old. How can I see where the problem can be?

The issue has been resolved.  Cache needed to be cleared.

Hope that helps someone else in the future.

HI!

I followed the guide, cleared the cache but still have the same problem. What can I do?

Thanks,

Marco

what prestashop version you have?

and also, what kind of problem you have?

what you see after you try to log in?

hi Vekia! Thanks you for your reply. I tried with Mozilla and it's working. It's a Chrome's problem... Probably because this morning I had a Flash Player update...

Thanks!

Marco

This works fine for a superuser and someone who has access to MySQLAdmin.  When user's use lost password the login screen does a 180 degree turn and that is it.  For what a read in the forum this is clearly a bug that has not been resolve yet.

hello

you're reffering to some bug in your store or to this tutorial? hmm?

Hi,

i'm also trying to get into my back office. I tried to request a password reset twice now and I have not received any reply email as yet. I changed my web hosting to a new account.

Same problem here, using v1.6.0.14.

Any workaround, i.e. PHpMyAdmin to try to recover password ?

Thanks  :)

have you tried the way i described? it should work in 1.6.x too.

Appreciate help with this issue I am on a 1.4 version of Prestashop. I have downloaded it to Localhost to do an update and also duplicate the site once its upto date.

1. It has the loop where it tries to go to the online server, I have changed the URL in phpmyAdmin.

2. I cannot access the URL change inside the backend due to it not recognising my password.

3. I can reach the backend by .com/superuser

4. But if I do just the .com it goes online to the main site.

5. Have gone through the process of finding the cookie etc. but it hasn't worked spent 5 hours on this so far. Been through the above steps.

6. Requested new email also doesn't send.

Any ideas??

@mattwilkie,

Your request for help does not make any sense. I does not understand what you try. Resetting a password is just a matters of accessing the db and fixing the email if you've enter some that does not exists anymore and requesting a new pass. Will be sent by mail then.

If for some weird reason you plateform does not send mail. You can force a pass directly in the bdd md5(COOKEY_KEY+pass).

If you expect to decipher the cookie or forge one, let me be clear the universe will end before you'll be close to a solution.

Follow this topic from post #1 the procedure will allow you to recover acces to your shop in no time.

The database didn't send out its password for some reason it wasn't going anywhere. I solved it by taking it from Localhost and shoving it onto a live server and it worked.

I found this the easiest way to reset the password: go to pss_employee, select MD5, in the password field put the cookie key and the new password

Hi Vekia,

It works great for me.

You saved my life. But you have done that many times B)

Thank you

Renier

We tried everything here and nothing seems to work, we updated prestashop and now we can't get in to the backoffice. webshop seems to be running just fine.

We tried everything here and nothing seems to work, we updated prestashop and now we can't get in to the backoffice. webshop seems to be running just fine.

how did you update your ps if you where not able to login?

how did you update your ps if you where not able to login?

Well, I've updated PS first and afterwards I could not login anymore... But that problem is solved. Up to the next!