Homeslider image remains Static

Hi prestashoppers,

Im having a bit of an issue with my homepage slider...The images remain static, and when i turn off the "autoplay" option in the configuration for the homepage slider module in the backoffice, it doesnt show arrows either...

i have been doing some searching through these forums, and the information i found is from

A People who have upgraded there stores, and have lost their images on homeslider (there are LOTS of these threads) For anyone looking, this thread seems to have a solution here

or here

B people who are running multi language / Multi stores, and i have no idea how they are doing this, but it certaintly isnt the issue im facing as i have just one English store.

C I read a post here: of a person with he same problem, i followed the "solution" given on this page, but in my header.tpl file, i already have the EXACT same line of codes the "solution" says to paste so its obviously a different issue.

Firebug doesnt give me much info (or perhaps im not using it propery) but i just see the basic styling, not much JS info. If anyone is able to pinpoint what may be the issue id be so greatful

www.exposeclothing.com.au

TIA

Edited by exposeclothing (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers DrunkBug. Usually i post an issue on here, and within an hour of posting it, i tend to figure out the answer on my own, however this one has me beat.

Iv tried

*uninstalling, and re-installing the module

*enabling "move javascript to end"

*i tested your solution to see if changing the 1 to 5 (as suggested in the thread you posted (didnt work for me either despite it working on the live editor

*i tried the last solution on the page (Advanced - performance - minify java turned OFF) ..

-Then the background behind the homeslider showed ? instead of the background....

*i uninstalled the search box, tested the site, no fix, so re-installed search box (had to update it) refreshed cache etc

STILL NO FIX arrrhhhh LMAO

but there is light at the end of the tunnel AS i installed this free module (sliders everywhere) and it works perfectly, sliding away, full width of the area etc. Think i might stick with that one...(just hope it doesnt alter any other parts of the store lol)

\

so all i had to do was remove the "!important" after my images and they started to show up? Im guessing the !important line SHOULD be there, as i followed a tutorial from Vekia, and noticed he had !important after the images...so im guessing its required.

are you, or possibly Vekia able to tell me what the "!important" comment does when placed after an image, and why would that one comment make an image turn into a question mark when its added, and image returns when its removed?

so all i had to do was remove the "!important" after my images and they started to show up? Im guessing the !important line SHOULD be there, as i followed a tutorial from Vekia, and noticed he had !important after the images...so im guessing its required.

are you, or possibly Vekia able to tell me what the "!important" comment does when placed after an image, and why would that one comment make an image turn into a question mark when its added, and image returns when its removed?

Can you share a link or code to what exactly are you talking about? I mean, about which Vekia's tutorial?