homeslider is not working

after upgrade homeslider becomes some picture with unordered list circles, i believe developeres moved the homeslider part from global.css out, but the question is why the java is not working

the other question is why css is not working

any one else had same problem?

I suffer from the same issue (and som others). Resetting (uninstall & install of the module) helps but the module then is positioned back on top (displayheader). Hooking it to DisplayHome has the effect to get the list of the pictures shown again (actually twice - on top and in the correct position between the two columns).

module must be attached to:

- displayHeader (this hook inscludes js files and global.css files)

and you have to select one hook, where you want to display slider, like displayHome, or displayTop etc.

this module can be used only ONE time, it just mean that you cant create 2 separated sliders.

Many thanks. I start to understand.

I must have homeslider in displayHeader for .css and .js AND I can have it in more more position to get it displayed.

In a new 1.6.5 installation that works fine with me. I get the expected bahaviour.
In my migrated 1.5.6.2 test installation clone though as soon as I add the module to displayHeader it gets displayed a first time. Adding it as well to e.g. displayTop it shows up a second time.
I found a thread http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/315718-my-slide-show-and-featured-products-are-showing-twice-after-apgrading/ where in #6 it is recommended to comment a statement in displayHeader. This seems to work. Interestingely in the new install I do not need to do that.

Any idea where that different behaviour comes from? At least now I can make homeslider work in both cases.