[SOLVED] Slider module

Hi all.

I just recently updated(yesterday) the home slider module. It deleted all my pics, which seemed to be a minor annoyance. However, now it's a major annoyance. 

I tried to upload the same exact images I had before and it's giving me a 'An error occurred during the image upload process.' I even tried to created a new slide and upload the pic that way to see if it was a problem with already existing slide, but to no avail! :(

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by closeupman (see edit history)

Hi all.

I just recently updated(yesterday) the home slider module. It deleted all my pics, which seemed to be a minor annoyance. However, now it's a major annoyance. 

I tried to upload the same exact images I had before and it's giving me a 'An error occurred during the image upload process.' I even tried to created a new slide and upload the pic that way to see if it was a problem with already existing slide, but to no avail! :(

Any ideas?

Thanks!

This is a bug in the 1.6.0.5 , I don't always say to update but in this case, there are many minor issues that have been fixed in the 1.6.0.6... You should back up and test the update to 1.6.0.6. 

Thanks ben for the quick response, but I've decided not to update to .0.6 due to other problematic posts here.

Instead I found the solution, by Nadie, in another thread.

Here it is for others who might not see that other thread:

/themes/default-bootstrap/modules/homeslider/homeslider.tpl
Change:
homeslider/images/

to 
homeslider/img/

--Simply search for the word images and replace it with img.

Thanks ben for the quick response, but I've decided not to update to .0.6 due to other problematic posts here.

Change:

homeslider/images/

to 

homeslider/img/

Perfect, that is a solution.

What problems are you encountering that's causing the hesitation to upgrade? I think you should test it on a dev environment and see what happens. It's a minor update but it cleans up some little issues that you may be having.

Change:

homeslider/images/

to 

homeslider/img/

Sorry, I don't understand. Both PS 1.6.0.5 & 1.6.0.6 "ROOT/modules/homeslider/" has no "img" folder. It is "images" folder.

If change to "homeslider/img/", then it should return missing pictures, right?

ROOT/modules/homeslider/images >> exist

ROOT/modules/homeslider/img >> not exist

By the way, i do cross browser testing just now.

Localhost, PS 1.6.0.6, FO homeslider not work in IE8. No images and left/right arrow.

Chrome & Firefox has no problem.

Maybe I will upload to web hosting and double check again.

Perfect, that is a solution.

What problems are you encountering that's causing the hesitation to upgrade? I think you should test it on a dev environment and see what happens. It's a minor update but it cleans up some little issues that you may be having.

Just another poster had said he had problems...and I see other postings. And after what happened just updating some modules(like this one), makes me hesitant.

Sorry, I don't understand. Both PS 1.6.0.5 & 1.6.0.6 "ROOT/modules/homeslider/" has no "img" folder. It is "images" folder.

If change to "homeslider/img/", then it should return missing pictures, right?

ROOT/modules/homeslider/images >> exist

ROOT/modules/homeslider/img >> not exist

You didn't pay attention to this part of the solution:

You change the word images to img in that FILE.

Sorry if it wasn't explicit enough.

Edited by closeupman (see edit history)

By the way, i do cross browser testing just now.

Localhost, PS 1.6.0.6, FO homeslider not work in IE8. No images and left/right arrow.

Chrome & Firefox has no problem.

Maybe I will upload to web hosting and double check again.

I delete "themes/default-bootstrap/modules/homeslider/homeslider.tpl" and it works for IE8 and other latest version of browsers. Why?

• 6 months later...