An error occurred during the archive generation

Hi Everybody!

Under CentOs 6.5 and using php55 remi with PrestaShop 1.6 we are having problems when we try to export a theme or a module. I just double checked PS folder permissions and the php zip module installation.

post-842519-0-07166300-1413309530_thumb.png

When we try to export a theme:

An error occurred during the archive generation

Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you find a solution? I am in the same boat, and I thought initially it might be due to the zip extension not enabled, but phpinfo() shows that it is enabled. Permissions also allow global write in the directory. 

Not yet mattmn!

• 1 month later...

Thank you Peter,

it worked for me!

Best,

Federica

Hello,

In AdminThemesController.php, try to modify 936 to:

$zip->open(_PS_CACHE_DIR_.$zip_file_name, ZipArchive::CREATE | ZipArchive::OVERWRITE)

here the diff is the ZipArchive::CREATE flag. Seems to be some change in the new php version.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hello,

$zip->open(_PS_CACHE_DIR_.$zip_file_name, ZipArchive::CREATE | ZipArchive::OVERWRITE)

here the diff is the ZipArchive::CREATE flag. Seems to be some change in the new php version.

Regards

hey thx Peter! I had same issue, as you say it's an issue introduced with the new php 5.6.x

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using PS 1.6.0.13, PHP 5.6.2, and the -=peter=- modify is working for me.

There's one thing (that is not so clear) that you have to know when exporting a theme.

You CAN change the Theme Name, but you CAN'T change the Theme Directory name (also if you can).

If you change the Theme Directory label, you'll obtain only an XML file exported. 

Regards

Erik

I still have problems on my machine, I always get 0 byte archives out. I'm not sure what the problem is, all logs are clean. I should probably use XDebug to see what the heck is going on there, but I found a easier way - I created a virtual machine with Ubuntu 14.0 and did a clean install of PrestaShop. The export works just fine now. 

• 3 months later...

I also had a 0 byte archive problem, seems it was due to filesystem permissions of the theme directory I was trying to export. Changing ownership of the theme directory to the user prestashop/webserver runs as fixed it.

chown -R <webserver_user>:<webserver_user> <path_to_theme_to_export>

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Regards

THANK YOU!!!!

Worked for me as well :) :) :)