unable to get PayPal configure to work - what do I need to do?

Tony Webb

Hi,

I'm struggling big time with adding PayPal to my shop. I need some help with 2 lines of information needed in the configure page. before I get onto this let me explain.

I live in Finland but for some reason the default prestashop setup has been for USA and canada. I went to install paypal only to find that there is only a US version in my modules, which can't be downloaded. I then had to download A Payapal europe  module from prestashop into modules and have spent ages trying to configure it.

The paypal instalation guide that it refers to is out of date.

I have a paypal business account but am unable to activate the plugin (get it to work). The plugin doesn't save.

There are 2 queations that I don't know what they refer to and the user guide doesn't mention them at all.

1. Client ID - which I presume is my password

2. secret ....... I have no idea what this is meant to be

I've uploaded a screen print to show these.

can someone tell me what they refer to and what I need to do?

post-851050-0-60818500-1413144394_thumb.png

uninstall/delete the paypal usa

download and install paypal eu

from here:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html

Thanks but this is not working. I'm using google. 

I've installed paypal eu and can open the configure page. It won't save! There is a compatability issue (stated by prestashop) and the API stuff is set up differently in PayPal. 

in module it says in part 3

API username 

API Password

API Signature

In Pay Pal the API says

API Username (info_api.easy-pghoto-gifts.co.uk - I have also tried info@easy etc)

API Password

API Finger print ( i assume that this means signature)

I then enter my email address for when I opened the account

This is the error message that I get

You need to provide your PayPal API credentials in step 3 in order to accept payments.

In addition to this the configure page is a dogs dinner the radio buttons are out of sequence and in the wrong place.

The linked installation guide from PayPal is out of date as well.

I'm thinking and have had a light bulb moment.

I originally had a UK PayPal account but when I moved to Finland I had to close that account and open one with PayPal.com (USA).

The reason for this was that if people paid money into my PayPal account I couldn't transfer it into my Finnish Account. UK law prohibits on line money transfers it has to be done by visiting a UK bank.

I'm now wondering if I should use the US plugin but can't as it wont install. There is a message to say that I have to be in the USA or Canada.

Is there a way around this problem?

Edited by Tony Webb (see edit history)

The API username is:  info_api1.easy-photo-gifts.co.uk  and I have just tried my verified email address ([email protected]). Both didn't work

What I have noticed is that the information I enter is saved but the country setting returns to it's default (USA).

No it's not working

Localization pack has probably not been set. It shows Argentina!

default country is USA

Miffed to say the least. I followed the 101 series of videos for installation and set up. They didn't mention this.

I did notice from the files code that the drop down menu has been set for United States. I viewed source.

Does this mean that I am going to have to back up the content and then set the localization pack?

No it's not working

Localization pack has probably not been set. It shows Argentina!

default country is USA

Miffed to say the least. I followed the 101 series of videos for installation and set up. They didn't mention this.

I did notice from the files code that the drop down menu has been set for United States. I viewed source.

Does this mean that I am going to have to back up the content and then set the localization pack?

Argentina, is just the first country you can select, nothing to do with actual localization.

the selected country in paypal, I don't think really is an issue either.

I've only installed paypal a couple times, I've not had issue but that does not mean it's not fool proof.

so, let's start with 'its not working'.  How is it not working?

Looking at your screen shot, which appears to be Chrome browser, the rendering of the module configuration is not right.

First, go to back office Advanced Parameters > Performance page and make sure "Template Compilation" is either 'recompile' or 'force compile'. 

Second, click the clear cache button on that page

Third, clear your browsers cache.

Now go back to the Paypal Europe configuration page and see if it renders properly.

• Like 1

Hi,

Unfortunately the rendering doesn't change.

I tried force recompile and recompile

I set cache to no - there's no clear cache option

I cleared cache from my browser for the past month.

What name should the paypal Europe folder be? The default was v3.7.2-PayPal Europe which didn't work or show up in modules, neither does paypal europe or PayPal Europe. I've called it paypal and it shows up in installed modules.

I've decided to uninstall prestashop and to make my own site from scratch. At least I know that it will work. I have a small one set up but prefered prestashops layout.

Technical support want me to pay 400€ to solve a problem which is with their module coding! B######

Add to this the modules author hasn't replied to any email that I have sent direct to him.

I set cache to no - there's no clear cache option

There is a clear cache option, it is on the top right next to the help link

What name should the paypal Europe folder be? The default was v3.7.2-PayPal Europe which didn't work or show up in modules, neither does paypal europe or PayPal Europe. I've called it paypal and it shows up in installed modules.

The module folder and name is 'paypal', the module display name is 'PayPal'.  However it is called Paypal Europe.

There is a clear cache option, it is on the top right next to the help link

The module folder and name is 'paypal', the module display name is 'PayPal'.  However it is called Paypal Europe.

I have cleared cache but the module still doesn't render correctly.

Also the links to get the API from Paypal don't work. I did this manually.

I think that the problem might be that my PayPal account is with PayPal.com (USA) and not paypal.co.uk

I moved from the UK to Finland and had to close my UK paypal account as I had to have a UK bank account. paypal advised me to open an account with their USA site (paypal.com)

Unfortunately I can't install the US version to try this out. probably due to geolocation.

I am going to try to reinstall prestashop, set the default for Finland and then retry this module. I want to uninstall prestashop but it has  amodule thatI want to use that other carts don't have.

I have at long last identified the cause of my grief!

I reinstalled prestashop and configured it for Finland (where I live).  I then uploaded the paypal zip file using the module uploader. So far so good.

I then installed paypal and went to configure.  The problem appears to be that the module only checks with paypal.co.uk

my account is with paypal.com (usa). 
I can't have a paypal.co.uk account as I don't have a UK bank account.

I need access to paypal.com which I am unable to get at the moment through the paypal USA module. How can I get around this.

Hopefully a screen print to show that it is only paypal.co.uk is below. if not working http://classic-photo-gifts.com/paypal_uk.png

paypal_uk.png

Hi,

I have read the paypal issues and reinstalled prestashop.

After reinstalling I set my localisation settings. I set country to Finland and tried to import. The country defaulted to argentina. I don't know if the settings were saved as Finland or not.

when I first tried to install PayPal Europe there was a screen popup saying that the module hadn't been tested for my country, which is Finland. I clicked install and a screen error message was shown. However i tried to reinstall a second time and it worked.

I have tried configuring paypal and it still doesn't work. I think the problem is client ID and secret (neither are in my paypal profile section).
I assume that the modules client ID is the same as merchant account ID. however secret - I have no idea what that is. there is nothing close to it in Paypal Europe.  I have also tried my account email and password.

PayPal Europe still won't configure.

Any suggestions on what to try next?