Help - Redirect "sk" ISO lang code to Czech translation

MikeCZ

Hi guys,

can anyone help me, please? We are using PrestaShop 1.6.0.9, multi-language shop, but we want only Czech / English / Japanese options.

We also have some Slovakian customers, but they are not major and there would be more work to do - fix translations etc. - but MAINLY, Czech and Slovak languages are very similar. The problem is, default language is English (because of the rest of the world) and so Slovakians with ISO code "sk" will be redirected to ENGLISH version of the shop.

I tried to fake "sk" ISO code so it would actually load Czech language, but I can't make it work - tested it with one Slovakian friend, but I still can't be sure, because the browser often remembers language settings for longer time than I would expect.. even after removing cookies... from some reason.. or at least I think so.

Would anyone be so nice to help me sort this one out? When a user with "sk" ISO lang code enters the site, I want to redirect him into Czech translation ("cs" ISO, domain.com/cs).

One more thing: Also, is there a way to change that language URL? For example change "domain.com/cs" to "domain.com/cz"?

Thank you!

Mike

this module will help present the correct language, it will use the full language code

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/349727-module-advanced-visitor-language-currency-localization-ietf/

re. sk to cs, what is default shop language?

I do not think good idea to change cs to cz, for two character visitor browser, it would fail finding cs, then default to shop language.

Well, we don't really have trouble with getting correct language. I'm not sure if we are on the same page.

We just want Slovakian visitors to have Czech language. Default language is English and so they get English now, but we need Czech for them.

And on CS->CZ topic: Why would it fail finding CS? I mean, it's only URL which can be changed but will do the same thing (load CS language). Am I not right?

Basically what would help me is to find detailed documentation about how integraded PrestaShop localization exactly works and where exactly (in which files) do the language changes happen.

Just copy all cz.php files to sk.php ones. Two languages, one translation.

You mean for example duplicate all files from /translations/cs/ to /translations/sk/? I think it won't really work until you set a new language in admin - if you just copy files to /sk/ folder, it doesn't mean anything when the system doesn't even bother to check "sk" ISO lang.

EDIT: I don't say "think" just because.. I've tried.

And the thing is we don't want to allow Slovakian in the language list... Slovakians should see "Czech" selected.

Edited by MikeCZ (see edit history)

And on CS->CZ topic: Why would it fail finding CS? I mean, it's only URL which can be changed but will do the same thing (load CS language). Am I not right?

if you change the iso code to cz, which I understood you to say, and browser language is cs, then it would not find cs, and use shop default language.

if you change the iso code to cz, which I understood you to say, and browser language is cs, then it would not find cs, and use shop default language.

Yes, you're right. But I was asking for a solution how to do it if I want CZ in the URL. So ISO stays CS, but URL shows /cz

Yes, you're right. But I was asking for a solution how to do it if I want CZ in the URL. So ISO stays CS, but URL shows /cz

until native  prestashop starts using language code (in the future I hope), I don't think this can be easily be done.  Sorry you asked several questions and you think I made a mess of your question. good  luck.