Prestashop front looks like a directory structure

Can anyone help please - I have moved a shop from one domain to another on different servers. Followed everything to the letter. The back office is perfect and all the information is in the db etc but when you try and view the shop from within Prestashop or via URL all you get is a directory structure on left hand side, no layout, images or theming. I have tried reinstalling, looking at file permissions and everything I can think of. Has anyone got any ideas ! Thanks for your help.

Can anyone help please - I have moved a shop from one domain to another on different servers. Followed everything to the letter. The back office is perfect and all the information is in the db etc but when you try and view the shop from within Prestashop or via URL all you get is a directory structure on left hand side, no layout, images or theming. I have tried reinstalling, looking at file permissions and everything I can think of. Has anyone got any ideas ! Thanks for your help.

The first thing I would do is compare the files between your shop from before migration (the backup) and your current store. You'll likely find some files missing or incomplete during the upload. 

Another option you have is to reupload everything from scratch. Transferring a large amount of files can sometimes be tricky. 

I just can add that in case of moving large amounts of files I always would zip them and transfer the zip file. As Benjamin said, sometimes ftp transfer is tricky, and leaves a file out or even just a few bytes.

one must be very careful about 'moving' a shop by zip.  It's very possible that if you unzip using hosting control panel, that the domain you will run shop will not be 'file owner'.  This can leads to very unpredictable and unpleasant results.

It is 'always' recommended to use FTP account, created for that domain, so that file ownership is correct.

(note zipping can be used by advanced users, i.e. can sudo in, unzip and check ownership..other methods apply)

btw: me, I have google fiber now, so ftp not so painful.

happy day, el

Hi Everyone

Many thanks for all your advice.  I have:

1. checked all the files - they are all there

2. followed the move to the letter

3. reinstalled a new copy of the shop

4. changed everything as per instructions in settings and in database

everything checks out !

I loaded up the site again and its still a directory structure.  When I inspected the element it says that the page_id cannot be found.  If I compare this will the shop that works it appears that it cannot find the index.php although this is there.  I also tried a new copy but same thing.

Any thoughts guys ??

Many thanks for your help

Eileen

Hi Everyone

Many thanks for all your advice.  I have:

1. checked all the files - they are all there

2. followed the move to the letter

3. reinstalled a new copy of the shop

4. changed everything as per instructions in settings and in database

everything checks out !

I loaded up the site again and its still a directory structure.  When I inspected the element it says that the page_id cannot be found.  If I compare this will the shop that works it appears that it cannot find the index.php although this is there.  I also tried a new copy but same thing.

Any thoughts guys ??

Many thanks for your help

Eileen

What guide did you use to transfer your store?