can't create accounts and sign in

ktunex

I'm trying to solve this during all the day. But i can't.

I think that there is something wrong. The connection between presta and databse is established, otherwise the products would not appear on the screen. However, when i click on add to cart (nothing happen),  or when i'm  filling the form to create a new account (it gives me an error).

Thanks anyway.

El Patron thanks for your help.

Well, I did the installation process on a localhost server in my computer. When i'm testing the website in local server everything is working fine. Then, i just upload the files from local server to another server (online) using ftp (filezilla).

I've changed the SEO & URLs and the settings. file as well.

As you can see using the URL that i put here, the connection to the database is working because it's possible to see the products. But unfortunately it's not possible create accounts, or add to cart etc.. 

It seems that i can't write on the database, am i wrong?

Thanks for your attention. 

I've checked if i had any error and there is on error.

When i try to create a new account i have a message : " There is 1 Error. An error occurred while creating your account ".

I checked the console and there is this error: "Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined - authentication 66 (line)".

Which one is the correct authentication file? There are many files with the same name. And what is the problem? I can't fix this. :/

I've been fighting with this for 3 days. 

Yes, when I try to create account I receive " There was an error creating your account.", which is not very exacting.

for this turn on error reporting to see if there is any underlying error produced

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information/

Then I noticed that your add to cart does not work (chrome)....

My feeling is that because you installed on localhost and then uploaded to remote, that possible the remote server is mis-configured.  When we do install PrestaShop checks and warns us but when we install locally and upload those checks are bypassed.

You can get a feel if remote most is configure properly by bo-->advanced parms-->configuration  (see CHECK YOUR CONFIGUATION), is PrestaShop reporting anything?

tip: create a subdomain and db for that subdomain, then download and unpack PrestaShop, upload files to subddomain, then run install and let PrestaShop check configuration.

another  tip: for cart and possible login issue, and assuming ps 1.6.0.7 or higher:  bo-->advanced parms-->performace, set 'move javascript to bottom' to no, and save.  retest

at first, thanks for everything.

i changed the defines.inc and now i'm using the dev mode. I turned on error reporting.

I tried add to cart, and create a new account and i think that the report gave the same error in both situations.

i will put images (screenshots) with the errors. Or you can try add to the cart using the url, www.margemcrescente.com/presta2 
I can't understand what the errors mean.

Thank you very much.

so i will remove all the tables of my database and then i will export a sql dump file from my localhost and execute it on phpmyadmin of my server right?

PS: yes, i'm not having this issue on my localhost. :S

yes, once we get outside of actual Prestashop then guessing error get's larger. :)

before doing that, it may be worth selecting all tables and clicking 'repair'.

if that makes no different, do as suggested and as you detailed, re-install db.

tip: make sure same encoding and engine as localhost.  (no expert but here just compare the two db defs)

well... i think you got the point. maybe the problem is about that. I'm not sure if the import had finished. however i have all the tables on the databse... but maybe settings like auto_increment etc dont work. i'm not sure.

i dont know how to use the partial import on phpmyadmin. it's very weird because my database just has 111kb... it should't appear time out.

by the way: sorry for my english.

well... i think you got the point. maybe the problem is about that. I'm not sure if the import had finished. however i have all the tables on the databse... but maybe settings like auto_increment etc dont work. i'm not sure.

i dont know how to use the partial import on phpmyadmin. it's very weird because my database just has 111kb... it should't appear time out.

by the way: sorry for my english.

sometimes if hosting support is good, they can help with this issue.

you can export specific tables and not entire, and repeat until you can upload all tables without time out...

first drop tables,  then from local start exporting tables as described.  (I hope we can get this working)

hey

i have some news.

Basically i checked both databases - the database of the localhost server, and the database of the online server. I compared some tables, like ps_customer and i noticed that in the database of my online server the field id_customer didn't have the extra AUTO_INCREMENT. Might be the start for the solution. Now i know that there is an error with the database, and possibly with the settings of the fields. Now i'm trying to get a solution to import correctly the database of my localhost to my online server.

• Like 1

hey
i have some news.
Basically i checked both databases - the database of the localhost server, and the database of the online server. I compared some tables, like ps_customer and i noticed that in the database of my online server the field id_customer didn't have the extra AUTO_INCREMENT. Might be the start for the solution. Now i know that there is an error with the database, and possibly with the settings of the fields. Now i'm trying to get a solution to import correctly the database of my localhost to my online server.

good detective work!...please let us know how this sorts out.

As we are also discussing on Portugues Forum, the best way to clean the errors of your upgraded shop is to go back to the latest PS version 1.2. your shop was working and than upgrade with 1-click module (and not manually), by disabling the theme of PS 1.2. you are using (to avoid that overrides intervene eith upgrade process).

It's not a day work to clean a database manually, as you will need to have at least a clean sample of database. Such work is only recommended to real experts like ElPatron, Vekia or myself...

Hello everybody!

So i have been fighting against my problem. 

Basically the error was in the database. I figured out when i compared the both databases: local database and the database on the online server. 

I spoke with my host provider and they imported into the database the SQL dump file. And finally there were settings like auto increment configured correctly. YEAH!

Then i uploaded all my prestashop files and IT WORKS.

Thank you everybody. Specially to el Patron and selectshop.at

Best regards, 

Luis

• Like 1