Most Viewed in Dashboard. What do I do to see something?

lateral

Hi guys

I am starting to look at the Dashboard more closely and when I looked the the "Most Viewed" tab at the bottom, I'm not seeing anything?

I was expecting to see which pages people were looking at....

Is there something not "switched on" or something else I'm missing???

I can see the "Top Searches" and "Recent Orders"

Thanks

Edited by lateral (see edit history)

You're not going to believe this!

It's now working!

I had another look at the display and noticed that there is a "setting" icon. I selected it and changed the defaults from listing 10 to listing 50 and its works....I changed it back to 10 and it stopped working! Back to 50 and it works....

• Like 1

You're not going to believe this!

It's now working!

I had another look at the display and noticed that there is a "setting" icon. I selected it and changed the defaults from listing 10 to listing 50 and its works....I changed it back to 10 and it stopped working! Back to 50 and it works....

Don't working for me... settings are correct in stats module, but i never see any data in dashboard. 1.6.0.9 version for Prestashop.

Any ideas?

It worked for me with 10 or 50.  Did you try changing the date range criteria at the top of the dashboard page and re-applying?

The module that displays this data is dashproducts.  It has a function called getTotalViewed which queries the data for this section, which you can review to determine what the query is.

Now this module does work with "Google Analytics API" module, so if you have this module installed, then the data you see would actually be pulled from Google.  If the module is not installed, then the data comes from your own database.  So you will need to determine where you data is being pulled from first.

It worked for me with 10 or 50.  Did you try changing the date range criteria at the top of the dashboard page and re-applying?

The module that displays this data is dashproducts.  It has a function called getTotalViewed which queries the data for this section, which you can review to determine what the query is.

Now this module does work with "Google Analytics API" module, so if you have this module installed, then the data you see would actually be pulled from Google.  If the module is not installed, then the data comes from your own database.  So you will need to determine where you data is being pulled from first.

Ok, after review the code, i think the problem is this:

// Only works with the default product URL pattern at this time

my url pattern isn't default, i change this and remove the product and category id.

• Thanks 1

he means he changed the URL pattern.  instead of a product page looking like this

www.domain.com/category/12-product-name.html

he changed it to look like this.  (12 is the product id)

www.domain.com/category/product-name.html

You do this in the SEO and URLs page int he back office. I suspect you did not do this, but you could be using a module or something else that would change the default URL pattern, then you would have a similar issue.

Did you read my reply above about the google analytic module?

Hi again,

I do not have Google Analytics installed.

I have the product id in the URL as per the attached screen shot....this is the default that is created when I add a record...

Also, what are these stats actually telling me and why does there appear to be a doubling up of a number of the records (I have marked them with arrows)???

post-831791-0-69977900-1411433640_thumb.png

Edited by lateral (see edit history)

perhaps those products have combinations?

so without google analytics installed, this means the data you see is coming from your database.  I have already pointed out in my previous post the module and function that displays this data.

If you believe this data is wrong, then I would suggest opening a bug report for Prestashop to review.  But you will need to show why the data is wrong, otherwise they are likely to reject and close the bug report.

Hi, in my case, with default url pattern modified, i have to disable the Google API module (isn't the same that the Google Analytics Module). Once i disabled the GAPI, i can see the most viewed data in the dashboard (but with errors, when i have a little of time free (never) i take a look to the code).

For remove the ID from the url, i use the free module provided by HA!*!*Y  http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/204935-override-friendly-urls-without-id-number-for-v15/?hl=%20pretty%20%20url

But i don't recommend to do this, you can have issues with other modules that you have to solve by hand. (it's dificcult for me to explain this in english)

Spanish reason:

Hay módulos que no están programados correctamente, y aunque el modulo que elimina las urls funciona correctamente, puede generar malfuncionamiento en módulos que no están correctamente programados. (eso no quiere decir que los módulos sean malos, simplemente que son incompatibles).

Si pudiera volver atrás, no instalaría este modulo para ahorrar conflictos.

• 1 month later...

I found that after I activated Google Analytics API Module....the dashboard stopped showing stats. So I disabled the Google Module and the dashboard went back to normal. Seems you can't have both....so if the dashboard gives me all the info I need....why bother with the module?!

• 7 years later...
On 9/22/2014 at 11:02 PM, runningz said:

Ok, after review the code, i think the problem is this:

// Only works with the default product URL pattern at this time

my url pattern isn't default, i change this and remove the product and category id.

Thank you!

I commented out the IF, now I have GAPI activated AND most viewed products on dashboard.