Prestashop 1.6.0.9 Memory usage keeps creeping up help !

charmaineH

I just migrated domain and upgraded from 1.4.4 with a new responsive theme .

Currently i am using 1.6.0.9 version and because of a memory usage load issue , i upgraded again to the 4gb ram managed vps hosting plan.

PHP 5.3 & All cPanel Supported Versions     MySQL 5.5 Databases       PostgreSQL 8.4 Databases       Pre-Installed phpMyAdmin & phpPgAdmin       SSH Access       Content Delivery Network       Apache 2.2       Git, CVS, Subversion & Mercurial       Ruby on Rails 2.3.x & 3.0.x via mod_passenger       Python 2.4, 2.6, 3.1 or 3.2       Ruby 1.8       PERL 5.10

I am not sure if this info helps at all ?

also noticed that when i do a full backup the ram usage shoots to 100% for the duration and comes down, is that even normal ?

Reboot button usually brings it to around 40% memory usage last rebooted if that helps ?

My worries are that it will be a repeat of the issue two days ago when i had 3072mb ran and it maxed out and i had to reboot everytime it does that , now with the 4096mb , this is the first day and i can see the same pattern showing its teeth again .

I only have less than 20 customers visiting at one time for now and its already taking up so much resources ? i dont think it makes sense, could anyone help pls ? i dont want to have another repeat episode of that unfortunate event of rebooting every now and then ? apologise as i am pretty much a newbie when it comes to tech so pls pls someone help !!, its seems like its gonna happen again  currently its hoovering at 65% memory usage .

post-837415-0-04477000-1410021012_thumb.jpeg

Can someone help , i think last nite the the server may have been overloaded and rebooted i suspected as it was at memory usage was at 40% this morning and now its headed upwards again to 72% of usage of 4096mb ram.  i dont have that much traffic as mentioned like maybe 10 at a time for now ? so why isit using up so much ram ?

can someone help me out there pls ? this is so depressing when you dont know much about how to fix these issues ...and host just tells you to lookup prestashop for help .

• 4 weeks later...

appreciate the help guys but that has not helped i think , and isit normal for the memory usage to shoot to 100% when backing up using cpanel for a full website backup ? cos i am experiencing it and when i download the backup it also stays around the 100 mark as well, so i usually go to maintenance mode before i can do any of these actions, isit normal ? anyone ? prestashop isnt for everyone i think , the support in general is pretty sparse and slow, if you have the techincal knowledge it may be a dream, for a person like me , its been frustration one after another , no official place to turn to except presta support i guess, they been pretty okay and cordial. thanks all who tried helping .

I totally understand what you are saying, i guess that is why prestashop is soon launching prestabox which is SAAS currently in beta i think.

Have you tried cloning your store on another host to see if the same problem exits? I know that is long and tedious but it would be hard to pinpoint why 100% mem is being used.  I couldn't tell you, 

i myself switced from bigcommerce.com to prestashop, and somedays i wish i didn't, but if you use default theme without heavy customizations it works quite well, best of all its free.

Best

RICKY

i wish i knew how, thats the reason why i dont get to sleep well , every day is a worrysome day. have to wait for support tix and then they tell you not done by them so need developer to look at it , or have someone come in pay a few hundred and issues are still around, its pretty disheartening, i tot i could concentrate on just selling and increase business without worrying so much about the backend issues, but i guess i was wrong. hope things get resolved soon .

how to you go to ssh and see what is eating up the memory ? i have no idea what that is sadly .

thx

charmaine

If you are running a managed VPS hosting plan, the ask your hosting provider.  You can use login direct to your root server, just ask them, not difficult,...

Why are you running on a vps with only 20 customers?  Try shared hosting first, site5.com is great, then if too slow you can go to vps.

otherwise if you want to focus on selling only and forget backend, use bigcommerce or shopify, you worries will end, but you have to pay for addons apps... similar to paid modules on prestashop.  --- i am not sure how the support is for addons.

good lock and post your results... i hope someone else will see this post so they can help you.

Thx Tuk66 for your input, i tat is true that would be great news, only thing is when i did a full website backup , it runs to 100% and stays around the 90s range for like 2 hours which during the time i was doing a backup to my pc . on one occasion, i was backing up cos i was too frightened of another crash so i regularly back things up now, after which my webpage went beserk and none of the sliders or alignment on the entire web was in order, it just froze and got a notice that i may have used too much resources as observed by one of the support for a2hosting and was subsequently restricted for a while (not too sure what that means) that was the last straw and i was hoping to find a solution as i just upgraded to 4096ram and was thinking its still not enuf ? i only have like 700 products now and traffic is only around 10 -20 at peak times so no big traffic to speak of. that is why its troubling me so much as the host says its a self managed vps server which i took for a managed vps meaning that someone can help if needed as i know nuts about server and technical stuff, so i really wish what you said is true for my case, i am now trying to ask support to help me use the free -m  to see where the issue lies if there is one or i'm just worrying too much.

its been a total nightmare this whole fiasco.